Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 07:57 PM

New Rules On 5p Plastic Carrier Bags

Does anyone understands this latest bureaucratic crap

The government has issued guidelines defining what a plastic carrier bag is. It must be made of plastic, be unused, have handles and be 70 microns thick or less.

Cashiers must then check if the items in your shopping qualify for a free plastic bag.

p.s In another confusing twist, shop owners with fewer than 250 employees are not required to charge for their bags.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10478570.html
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 08:22 PM

Re: New Rules On 5p Plastic Carrier Bags

Very confusing solo. I'd be interested to know if the rules in Scotland are the same as the rules for England when it becomes law down south. Anyone know?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Uff ->
Very confusing solo. I'd be interested to know if the rules in Scotland are the same as the rules for England when it becomes law down south. Anyone know?
I read the comments below the article before posting Uff and guess what...

KMAC 6 hours ago
What an overly complicated mess. Why not just do what they do in Scotland... 5p per bag, regardless. No ifs or buts.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 08:38 PM

What a load of Baloney. Gosh there are far more important things in life to worry about than the size, weight and shape of a plastic bag.
Almost laughable.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 09:11 PM

Plastic bags have never been free, they have always been charged for, it is one of the hidden charges the public have always paid for.
Retailers have always listed the bags as part of their costs, and obviously had them written into their costs and profit , don't be fooled in paying you will be paying twice for them, ask for a paper bag.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 10:04 PM

The money has to go to good causes, and there will be strict monitoring. What I, and many others fail to see, is how this is going to affect it's intended purpose of reducing waste. People have to have carrier bags and will pay the 5p, so where is the waste reduction. What about all the packaging that every day items are wrapped in on our supermarket shelves.It sounds SO complicated, and the admin it's going to involve is going to have negative results.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 11:47 PM

Sounds like someone's having a laugh!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 11:55 PM

I shop with my own sturdy bags, much easier than messing about with those thin plastic offerings
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I shop with my own sturdy bags, much easier than messing about with those thin plastic offerings
Me too, Honey. I have two of those nylon ones that fold up into pouches - they are always in my handbag for small amounts of shopping or 'impulse' buys. When I plan a large shopping trip I take several very sturdy canvas or PVC bags.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 08:56 AM

For anyone who doesnt think we should cut back on throw away bags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qT-rOXB6NI

I have used hessian or heavy duty shoppers for the last 20 odd years.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top