Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2010, 10:50 AM

Re: Warning to all Dog Owners!

Good question, AC, and I am not sure! I think as long as your dog didn't chew it, it would be OK.

Not sure if this link may help you - http://www.doggyarchy.com/organicdogbeds
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2010, 03:08 PM

Thanks Brandykins for that link. I never knew it was so complicated buying a dog bed. I particularly bought expensive Danish Design ones by Susanne Mortensen as I thought they would be better than those beds made in China. But they do have fire retardent in them so I'm just not sure about them. They were expensive ones.

Wouldn't it be brilliant if stuff was made in Britain again, at least you know things would be safer.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2010, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Please pass it on to other dog owners you may know. It is scary and easily done! I got rid of all my teddy bears when I got Loki as she started chewing them! I only buy her soft toys from the local pet shop and once she makes a hole in them, I throw them out!
Thanks for the warnings Brandykins - Have you posted this on Dogsey ?? or would you like one of us to do so ??

Every year I go to a boot sale and buy about 20 fluffy toys which our two will play with and eventually destroy. The insides seem to be mainly cotton wool and thankfully they don't seem to actually eat them.

But I will try to get them toys made for dogs in future.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2010, 06:25 PM

Yes please! You could post it on Dogsey, although I am a member there but if you could do it, that would be lovely!

Many thanks

Rose

Oh AC you should be like me - I gave up on dog beds for Loki - she would tear them to bits and then go and sleep on the kitchenette floor, or the bathroom floor because the tiles are cooler for her!! She hated beds! I do have two pillows though and she will "hug" them at times!!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2010, 07:48 PM

Oh AC you should be like me - I gave up on dog beds for Loki - she would tear them to bits and then go and sleep on the kitchenette floor, or the bathroom floor because the tiles are cooler for her!! She hated beds! I do have two pillows though and she will "hug" them at times!!
Ah, well I'm very lucky with Asti, Brandykins, as Asti doesn't destroy or chew anything. She still has all the toys she was given in perfect condition. Nothing has ever been chewed. Were very lucky in that way. ~The only thing she does do quite a bit is scrape in her bed, I don't know why I'm sure .
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland

01-05-2010, 09:19 PM

I am sure then that if your dog doesn't chew then her lovely new bed will be great! I would love Loki to sleep in a proper dog's bed - but she always refused!! Even as a pup! She loves to sleep all stretched out on the floor!

Take care
Alicat
West Berkshire

02-05-2010, 10:45 AM

I am sure then that if your dog doesn't chew then her lovely new bed will be great! I would love Loki to sleep in a proper dog's bed - but she always refused!! Even as a pup! She loves to sleep all stretched out on the floor!

Take care
Some dogs like beds and some dogs don't. Our last dog was like Loki, she never liked sleeping in beds either.

The reason I mentioned the beds is because I was going to give one of Asti's past beds to a friend with a pup, but I have told her all about the bed so she is aware of it.
Carol Anne
New Member!
West Midlands
Carol Anne is female 

02-05-2010, 05:59 PM

I've see this story as well, and it seem that it's only toys that have a bean bag type of filling, when the toy catches fire they just melt. Crazy that they would make a toy like that.
kiki'smam
New Member!
tyne & wear
kiki'smam is female 

29-06-2010, 05:52 PM

thank's for the info my 7 month old toy poodle has 1 of my grandaughter's teddy with a rattle atached he loves it but now it's in the bin you might of just saved his life

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top