Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2010, 01:58 AM

Poor Bisto

My mothers GWP has hepatitis The vet is most concerned, mother is most upset and Bisto is most depressed. Apparently depression is a common sign. Shes had the blood tests and anti sickness and antibiotic tablets which are the only thing that can be given as there isnt actually a cure. 5 days on there's no improvement so in the morning we've to take her down again and she's staying in for 24 hrs to go on a drip and possibly be given blood.
Will let you know how this progresses.. Please keep your fingers crossed for her
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2010, 08:38 AM

Re: Poor Bisto

Oh I am sorry to hear that and healing vibes going to her. She is a beautiful dog. Hope all goes well.

It is so upsetting when our pets are poorly, if only they could tell us.

Thinking of you all and look forward to hearing how she gets on.

Take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2010, 12:10 PM

So sorry to hear of Bisto's condition, Cassie, it must be so worrying for you all. Healing vibes are sent from me also.

I'm sorry I don't know much about breeds of dogs but may I ask what breed GWP stands for?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2010, 12:45 PM

Aww poor thing hope she's feeling better soon - hugs to you all.

Mags, GWP = German Wirehaired Pointer
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Aww poor thing hope she's feeling better soon - hugs to you all.

Mags, GWP = German Wirehaired Pointer
Ahhh ...... thanks, Azz!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2010, 02:17 PM

Beautiful girl - I hope the vet can come up trumps for her
A worrying time
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2010, 09:56 PM

Sorry to hear this Cassie......hope things improve for Bisto-fingers crossed
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2010, 10:58 PM

Well we picked Bisto up at 12 today and she was so pleased to see us. Shes been terribly depressed for several days so seeing her with a bit of her mojo back was lovely. Shes been on a drip and has been eating prescription diet food. Her blood results wont be back until Monday and from those the next stage will begin. The vet is hoping the virus was in the liver as the function results from the last bloods show it to be high hence his Hepatitis diagnosis but theres other ifs & buts that will follow dependant on the next blood results including a scan & xray. There's always the possibility she's got cancer of the liver and the podgy belly is maybe fluid. He's said he's very concerned but he'll do whatever he can to help her. The Hepatitis diagnosis would be the best thing for it to have been as its zapped by the massive doses of antibiotics she's been on. He explained that damage to the liver can occur in slithers of percentage each level creeping up slowly and it being held back, but some things just get a hold and the % goes 10.. 50..75 in a very short time.
So folks its still fingers crossed but shes a lot brighter at the moment.
Mother passes on her gratitude to you for your kind comments and thank you from me too xx
Cassie
West Wales

13-06-2010, 07:04 PM

Bisto has been sick twice today which isnt good. Her breathing is very laboured and shes got a remote glazed look in her eyes Mother is so upset and really worried about the blood results which are due tomorrow.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

13-06-2010, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Bisto has been sick twice today which isnt good. Her breathing is very laboured and shes got a remote glazed look in her eyes Mother is so upset and really worried about the blood results which are due tomorrow.
Sorry to read that, Cassie .... poor Bisto Lots of gentle healing vibes being sent to her and hugs to you and your Mum ....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top