Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2010, 09:40 PM

Re: Is a religious bus ban on my dog right?

Don't know what else to add-agree with all comments made, but I would certainly look further into it....
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2010, 08:16 AM

My OH is a bus driver here and all dogs are allowed on the bus as long as they're on a lead, the bus driver obviously has to use discretion against anything unruly but that applies to humans, drink and smoking are banned, I wonder do the drivers of those buses ask everyone their religion when they get on, I think it was the drivers not the passengers.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2010, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Bus drivers usually understand that most dogs are far better behaved than their usual passengers.
Too right Claire, and more intelligent, and more loyal, and more protective of their pack, in fact as Lord Byron said "they have all the virtues of man with none of his vices" (A slight paraphrase of his words but I'm sure you get the meaning)
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2010, 09:14 PM

http://www.borehamwoodtimes.co.uk/ne..._bus_with_dog/
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2010, 09:27 PM

Interesting, galty, thanks for posting.
Lynne
Lancs, UK
Lynne is female  Lynne has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2010, 02:24 AM

I take my dog on the bus regularly and never been refused, If I got on first with my dog, I would be asking the woman to catch the next bus as I have already paid my dogs bus fare, but my dog doesn't mind who sits next to her.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2010, 08:30 PM

Unbelievable, where will it end.

My friend regularly brings her dog on the train from Devon to Hampshire and has only ever had positive comments (one conductor said she was better behaved than most of the children that travel on the trains)
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2010, 02:29 PM

Oh my good god what is this bloody country coming to. We can't allow that sort of thing to happen. I am so angry and it makes me feel impotent because I can't do anything and yet I know this is not justice and most of us have faught angainst injustice for all races and religions for most of our lives. Horrible horrible feelings. I am writing to my MP and also passing on this story to all of the newspapers.

This cannot be allowed to go on there are people who cannot survive without their dogs not only blind people there are also people like me and the person mentioned from Boreham Wood who can't drive for one reason or another.

Where does it say that Muslims cannot travel in the same carrage as a dog or any other animals for that matter. If that is so then maybe muslims should not be riding public transport for surely in their own country animals are carried on public transport and if they don't like dogs then they should lump it cos the British love dogs.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top