Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2010, 10:22 PM

Panorama Special: It Shouldn't Happen at a Vets

Anyone here use the vets Medivet? If so you might want to check the Panorama Special out! I certainly won't be using them after seeing that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...pen_at_a_Vets/
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2010, 11:39 PM

Re: Panorama Special: It Shouldn't Happen at a Vets

Oh dear, that is appalling! It had never entered my head that anyone working in the veterinary profession could possibly treat sick animals with such disrespect.

I trust my vets but after seeing that programme, it does put a little bit of doubt in your mind.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2010, 12:57 AM

Worrying isn't it Mags

I actually changed my vets twice when I first got Rocky - just didn't trust the first two. One of them even admitted to me that they "now have to see patients every 4 months so they can get the money they lose for not charging for prescriptions any more" !!!! (A law was passed where vets had to stop charging for prescriptions).

What really got me tho, was that he obviously thought he was 'entitled' to that money!! As if they don't make a decent profit on the medication itself!

Ahh feel better now for ranting
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2010, 09:29 AM

It was shocking. I never heard of them up here but watching that program sickened me! It should be forced to close. I heard a horrific story about them from someone on another forum, which was shocking.

Hope that something constructive comes out of the program. People should stop using it - the power of people can work wonders.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2010, 12:18 PM

I could'nt watch it, I saw the first 1minute and had to turn it off. I would treat people the same as the mis-treat animals.
We go to the same vet we have used for 35years and ' touch wood ' had no problems plus the assistanst and vets are so caring that they phone up after any treatment to check that everything is OK.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2010, 04:39 PM

Didn't watch. Didn't fancy that at all. If theer has been unprofessional/cruel reatment then I hope the diciplinary authority comes down on them like a ton of bricks. When you think about it, they have to really, otherwise it taints all vets

I'm perfectly happy with my own practice. Farm, equine and pet - they seem to suit everyone locally
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2010, 10:36 PM

Watched it and was appalled within the first 5 minutes! Its just a great pity that they didn't balance it with good Vet. Practices. Think they will lose quite a lot of Clients after that, and rightly so. I can honestly say that the Vet. Practice where I worked is excellent and clients' pets would never be treated like that, the Vets and Nurses are very caring and professional people and treat all pets as though they were their own. I just hope that they don't get tarred with the same brush.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top