Join for free
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2010, 01:48 PM

Vet in Peru?

I came across a progamme last night on Sky (not sure which channel) and was called Vet in Peru. An English Vet visiting areas along the Amazon where there are no Vets, and helping both pets, working animals and wild animals too.

It was amazing. Extremely moving too.

Regards,
Rainbow
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2010, 03:20 PM

Re: Vet in Peru?

I wish I had seen that, it sounds interesting ....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2010, 03:37 PM

I haven't seen it either - but sounds like the type of vet we should have more here
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2010, 04:01 PM

I joined the programme whereby the Vet was operating on an elderly dog with mammary tumours - in the family's garden. The humidity was so high, and the Vet was dripping. During the complex operation a monsoon hit the area. Family were standing around the Vet and the poor dog holding a make-shift canopy above them.

When the operation was finished. The Vet had decided to keep this dog with him for a period of time, to ensure he could maintain her condition. She was placed on the Boat they were travelling in. She was put on a drip and gently covered.

The Vet was concerned that she was very weak, and himself and a Nurse continually checked and cared for her.

While he was administering help to a queue of local people and their pets on a remote Island, one of the crew rushed up to alert him that the dog had taken a turn for the worst. He rushed back, and we saw him kneel by her side and listen to her heart, but sadly realised she had passed away. He was very obviously upset and sad. It was very touching. This Vet mentioned her again at the end of the programme, saying how fond of her they had become.

Rainbow
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2010, 06:56 PM

I just watched the last ten minutes and to be quite honest, I thought he was a good actor.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top