Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 12:51 AM

Re: Vaccines

Originally Posted by Realist ->
That is astonishingly bad advice imho. Horrific. But no surprise given NHS is owned and controlled by Big Pharma who simply want to sell their vaccines.

That horrific advice will see many people having the vaccine when they've NEVER EVER had Chickenpox. The advice basically says, "just have the vaccine just in case" which is totally negligent. I might even write to the NHS to complain about that.

Given a person's chance (in the UK) of getting Shingles is a tiny 0.07% if they DID have chicken pox then putting out that kind of advice is just pure evil.

It serves only to underline once again that we can not blindly trust the NHS or its staff. It is no longer a health oriented service, it is a profits driven business.
NHS in Black and white, I would believe them any day over you Realist.

Out of interest, have you ever seen a doctor?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 12:51 AM

An absolutely crazy thing to do imho.

If you've never had Chicken Pox then you cannot catch Shingles unless you come into direct contact with a Shingles sufferer whilst they are highly contagious and then you'd have to touch their sores.

So by having the vaccine you've simply now put yourself at risk of catching Shingles where before you had zero chance of catching it.
Read your response to Mags.

Quote: an absolutely crazy thing to do!!! Yadda yadda yadda.
It’s great that you are passionate about holistic health . I commend you BUT that doesn’t give you a right to push your beliefs onto others.

I don’t practice religion. Other people do. I do NOT appreciate other people telling me that their personal religious beliefs are something I should be practicing. Some people come knocking at my door to try and convince me. They don’t think that knocking on my door and trying to shove their beliefs down my throat is rude. They truly believe in what they are doing is in the best interests for all concerned.

I realize it’s not the exact same thing but it’s close enough.
You don’t force things on anyone. It appears that your main intention is to be ‘right’ no matter what.

It’s not the content of your information but your deliverance of the information.

You never push anything onto anyone. It’s a form of aggression, whether you see it that way or not
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Read your response to Mags.

Quote: an absolutely crazy thing to do!!! Yadda yadda yadda.
It’s great that you are passionate about holistic health . I commend you BUT that doesn’t give you a right to push your beliefs onto others.

I don’t practice religion. Other people do. I do NOT appreciate other people telling me that their personal religious beliefs are something I should be practicing. Some people come knocking at my door to try and convince me. They don’t think that knocking on my door and trying to shove their beliefs down my throat is rude. They truly believe in what they are doing is in the best interests for all concerned.

I realize it’s not the exact same thing but it’s close enough.
You don’t force things on anyone. It appears that your main intention is to be ‘right’ no matter what.

It’s not the content of your information but your deliverance of the information.

You never push anything onto anyone. It’s a form of aggression, whether you see it that way or not
Bratti, I didn't think he would ever admit to being wrong
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 12:56 AM

Bratti, the data/facts speak for themselves and for the most part it is people's personal difficulties with the facts that causes friction. There is a frequent tendency by some to "shoot the messenger" which frankly I'm very used to. I don't really care about that. I'm going to bring the available information to the debate so people can discuss it, understand it and be better informed.

I stand by my comment/position that it is an absolutely crazy thing to do to have the Shingles vaccine if you've never had Chickenpox. It simply puts you at risk where there previously wasn't any risk at all. I'm not telling anyone what to do, just that I think it's an absolutely crazy thing to do. Simply my opinion.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 01:21 AM

Correct, but if you have the Shingles vaccine you can then contract Shingles where before you couldn't.
As I understand it that can only happen if you have never contracted chicken pox and take the shingles vaccine. The Shingles vaccine won't trigger more shingles if you already have the chicken pox virus in your spine because you can only have one dormant chicken pox virus and adding to it won't make it more virulent. But if you have the chicken pox vaccine you can end up with shingles earlier because it doesn't give as much immunity as having chicken pox.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 01:26 AM

And I think you pushing your beliefs onto others even though they’ve asked you not to is ‘crazy RUDE’ and I stand by my opinion also.

There are many examples I could give where I could offer helpful information not wanted. People should eat vegetables. They are good for humans. Some people don’t like them. I wouldn’t dream of preaching and lecturing others on what they should eat or take strictly because I’ve found that in my life it’s worked for me.

People should drink more water and less wine but I’m not about to go around and become a total killjoy just because I believe this to be true.

If our creator gave us ‘free will’ to make our own decisions then who are you to tell them they are wrong?

Anyway, I’ve made my point. I don’t want to keep driving my point over and over.

Good luck everyone.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

13-12-2018, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Bratti, I didn't think he would ever admit to being wrong
You’re an exceptionally good sport Mags.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 07:21 AM

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 03:12 PM

And I think you pushing your beliefs onto others even though they’ve asked you not to is ‘crazy RUDE’ and I stand by my opinion also.
And again, I have not pushed my beliefs on anyone, I have simply provided relevant information. You're berating me over something I haven't done.

There are many examples I could give where I could offer helpful information not wanted. People should eat vegetables. They are good for humans. Some people don’t like them. I wouldn’t dream of preaching and lecturing others on what they should eat or take strictly because I’ve found that in my life it’s worked for me.
And I would preach to others what they must and must not eat either. What I would do though is provide the information about what bad food does to us and which foods are imho bad. I would also highlight the foods that are good.
You see the difference? Providing info is not preaching. It is a good thing.

If our creator gave us ‘free will’ to make our own decisions then who are you to tell them they are wrong?
Again I'm not telling people they are wrong. Just highlighting the facts that are available and providing my opinion on the matter.

Anyway, I’ve made my point. I don’t want to keep driving my point over and over.
Yep but unfortunately your point is a completely made up one with no basis in fact. So all a bit silly really.

As Ruthio suggested, deal with the subject matter in hand, not the messenger who provided it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 09:05 AM

Realist,you didn't answer Mags question,or maybe you did,I can't find it,

Have you ever seen a doctor?...simple question.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top