Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 05:53 AM

Smothered chicken and gravy

I recommend this recipe. It is simply delicious.

Instead of me writing it out, which is a big pain, I am posting a video. Besides, he explains and shows it much better than I could.

Problem: when I try to post the link, it says video is not available. So, 1st bring up youtube.com 2nd enter the following in the search bar.

smothered chicken and gravy recipe

If you see a heavy set black chef, you are at the right place.

If you have any problems, please let me know.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 06:51 AM

Re: Smothered chicken and gravy

Just had a look, Bakerman, and have bookmarked it for later - sounds really delicious!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 08:13 AM

Hope this helps bakerman, it looks like the correct video as you described it. Also I have to say it looks and sounds delicious, one for me to try later:

bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 08:30 AM

Good job, Baz. That is the one. No idea why it didn't work for me. Thank you
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Good job, Baz. That is the one. No idea why it didn't work for me. Thank you
You are more than welcome. Pleased I could help, especially where food is concerned . I often have trouble with this when the You Tube 'Share' facility fails to work, as you see have found a way round it!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 01:25 PM

Wow, that certainly looks delicious!

I wonder whether it would work as well without any skin on the chicken? I know you need the skin to hold the spices and flour etc but neither of us eat chicken skin.

It certainly looks a lovely dish though and would love to give it a try if I thought it would work with skinless chicken thighs or breast. Wouldn't want to end up with all the flavour in the sauce and the chicken itself bland.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 01:36 PM

Looks excellent and a bit like what my dear wife made for dinner yesterday with hot gravy......
I am a lucky man.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Wow, that certainly looks delicious!

I wonder whether it would work as well without any skin on the chicken? I know you need the skin to hold the spices and flour etc but neither of us eat chicken skin.

It certainly looks a lovely dish though and would love to give it a try if I thought it would work with skinless chicken thighs or breast. Wouldn't want to end up with all the flavour in the sauce and the chicken itself bland.
I have taken a couple of chicken breasts out of the freezer to try this for tomorrow's lunch. They are skinless - so will let you know if it works, Shropshiregirl.
bakerman
Mexico

29-03-2020, 09:08 PM

Chicken skin is, of course, all fat, and fat is a major flavor enhancer. So, before rubbing in the spices, coat well with olive oil.. That will work well.

Note about using chicken breast. Breast will bake and dry out more quickly, so reduce the oven baking time by 10-15 minutes.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

29-03-2020, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Chicken skin is, of course, all fat, and fat is a major flavor enhancer. So, before rubbing in the spices, coat well with olive oil.. That will work well.

Note about using chicken breast. Breast will bake and dry out more quickly, so reduce the oven baking time by 10-15 minutes.
OK - thank for that advice, Bakerman. They have thawed out now so I am leaving them in the spice mixture over night.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top