Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 07:25 AM

Re: Smoking Dilemma

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
During the day, when I’m at work, I use an e-cigarette, but absolutely refuse to refer to it as vaping. In the evening, when I’m at home, I smoke roll-ups. After I’ve eaten, I usually have a cigar. I’ve been thinking about taking up pipe smoking, but don’t know how I would manage to fit it in.
Sideways, alongside the cigar perhaps?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
That sort of suggestion should not be put to one as easily led astray as I am, Pesta.

You mean easily led ashtray
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 10:06 AM

Pipe-smoking seems too much trouble to me. It looks to need constant attention to keep it going properly. Packing, tamping and frequently puffing furiously. Altogether a bit of a science.

I'd say if you want to relax while smoking, stick to what you do already when you are at home.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 10:22 AM

mart
Chatterbox
South of England

02-12-2020, 11:36 AM

Dottling, scraping/reaming, furry pipe cleaners, bristly pipe cleaners, pipe stem oil...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 12:34 PM

Awesome Queeny........
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 04:39 PM

You could try replacing the rollups with the pipe, rather than smoking it as well as.
I have never been a smoker, but I'm led to believe pipe smokers inhale less smoke than cigarette smokers, so they are less damaging to health.

Some time ago whilst going through the process to adopt, I was invited to a talk where the prospective parents were given drug and addiction advice by a Police drugs officer. He had all sorts of mock-up drug samples and explained their respective addiction capability.

Apparently nicotine is more addictive than cocaine, and it only takes five cigarettes to become addicted.
It's no wonder people have such trouble giving it up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 07:31 PM

Well I gave up for many years then decided to start again when I noticed the fags were so cheap at the airport. I couldn't give up a bargain so I bought 200 Royals on the way to Egypt. The first one was bloody horrible but I got through with determination and will power and smoked the lot.

I have given up since.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 08:09 PM

Some of the comments have made me think a lot about stopping smoking. I don't like thinking about stopping smoking, so would you all please stop it.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top