Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 05:50 PM

A friend and Covid

A dear friend, an ex colleague, texted me earlier saying she and her family (husband and two grown up sons) have all had the virus (text results awaiting). She asked me to avoid catching it as it would ‘knock me for 6’!

Her symptoms were back and headache, feeling dizzy, nausea, loss of appetite and smell, and taste, stomach cramp, diarrhoea, cough and chest pain.

I wondered how they’d caught it and she suspects husband’s place of work, where one son also works.

She lives in Essex, but not sure if in the higher tier.

So there you have it. It does exist. From now on I will be extra careful when going out and about.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 06:03 PM

Re: A friend and Covid

Essex is in Tier 4
I know two people who have died from Covid .
It certainly does exist .
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 06:07 PM

We know it exists (my daughter had it but was asymptomatic, as was one of her friends, and another couple we know had it with the symptoms you describe).

What we don't know is how many people have already had it asymptomatically and might have built a resistance to it already. So, when the powers that be tell us that it kills 0.5-1% of those who catch it, they are basing this on an an incomplete set of data. Although tragic for those who have died, it still might not be anywhere as serious as the current panic reactions seem to warrant.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 06:12 PM

I'm sure it does exist, and for that reason Marge and I take great care with where we go and who we avoid.
I rarely go out and only occasionally go with Marge to the nearby shops.
We both avoid proximity to other people which is simply being sensible and, in my opinion, is far more important than wearing masks.
I do wear my mask, of course, but only because people expect to see me wearing one!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 06:33 PM

Sadly, it seems to take the death of a relative or their serious incapacitation from COVID-19 to convince most people that a major threat exists .....

I was convinced back in March when the virus killed my brother-in-law .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 08:14 PM

Jazzi I am pleased you friend is ok.
My neighbour was not so lucky and died in March,
I know 2 others including a child with Long Covid,many who have had it and recovered and a number in my health support group who have been really ill.
C19 appears to affect blood vessels and in some people blood clots form affecting all the organs in the body including the heart and brain.

I will avoid catching it at all costs.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm sure it does exist, and for that reason Marge and I take great care with where we go and who we avoid.
I rarely go out and only occasionally go with Marge to the nearby shops.
We both avoid proximity to other people which is simply being sensible and, in my opinion, is far more important than wearing masks.
I do wear my mask, of course, but only because people expect to see me wearing one!
I'm glad to hear you wear a mask Jay, if it gives a teeny, weeny bit of protection it's worth it, can't be having you getting poorly, we'd miss you too much! Keep wearing that mask lad.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 08:24 PM

Jazzi I'm sorry to hear you know someone who has the virus. I have a close friend whose both parents have it, they are in their mid 60s. My friends mum is very poorly whilst her husband is Asymptomatic.

Yes, this virus is very, very real, I have a friend who's Grandad died after contracting it a couple of weeks ago and my friend also contracted it and whilst she was very ill, she wasn't as old as her Grandad and thank the lord she survived. It has devastated her family like many others.

Damn this virus, I'm getting more scared with this new mutation too.

Stay safe dear Jazzi, as with everyone in this forum I implore you to do whatever it takes to keep yourself safe. xxxxx
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm glad to hear you wear a mask Jay, if it gives a teeny, weeny bit of protection it's worth it, can't be having you getting poorly, we'd miss you too much! Keep wearing that mask lad.
Actually, LQ, ordinary paper masks do nothing to protect the wearer.

Common sense is the best protection.

Thanks for the good wishes, though.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 10:11 PM

The wife tested positive in April, first time I've mentioned it on open Forum, an elderly family member acquired it in Hospital last week and is still there.

What narks me is some folks will still not stand Off.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top