Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 04:46 PM

Re: Tragic Horses

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Better news today on BBC News – more than 40 horses on land in Wellingborough have been rounded up and taken away by police and animal charities:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-51618338

Yes, just received an update to say that 43 of them were rescued. well done Mups for bringing it to our attention so we could sign.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 05:49 PM

Well done Mups, without your persistance they would probably
still be there?
If anyone has the brass neck to claim them they must be
prosecuted! Sounds like the rspca must up their game?
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 05:53 PM

Thanks for the feedback BAZ, Ive been waiting for some news.
Donkeyman!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Thanks for the feedback BAZ, Ive been waiting for some news.
Donkeyman!

Yes, thanks Baz.
I have got to go to Wellingborough tomorrow, so I will look to see if the 3 shut in a small patch next to the swollen river have gone.
These ones were harder to spot as they were behind hedges.

Sorry I haven't been around to update, but if you you see my thread about Izzy you will understand why.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 01:51 AM

Had a look today, and those three last stragglers are still by the river.

Tried to phone the RSPCA but couldn't get through, so rang the horse welfare people and was told they hadn't got an inspector who could go out for another week yet, and even then, without me giving them more detailed information they probably wouldn't come.

My friend told me tonight, that according to Facebook, these three are known about and being monitored by the same dedicated people who helped the last ones escape their miserable existence.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 03:09 AM

How much detailed information do they want ?
Still at least someone is monitoring the situation beside yourself
Well done you for getting things actioned.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-03-2020, 05:40 PM

About 45 of the horses were taken away in the end by World Horse Welfare I am told.

However, I have just heard on the local news that train drivers had problems last night because another horse had wandered on to the train lines just before midnight!

Apparently it wandered off again at some point and the incident is ' being investigated.'

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top