Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 02:20 PM

Re: The Decline of the EU (In Their Own Words)

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You just misunderstood the meaning of a pandora box. Now you used the analogy on brexit, you cannot un-use it. Just as pandora could't close the box.

From this story has grown the idiom "to open a Pandora's box", meaning to do or start something that will cause many unforeseen problems.

In my perception your analogy of brexit with pandora's box is quite to the point. However, from your perspective it must feel very stupid to have used it.
No.....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
When Angela Merkel steps down things might change. If remaining members do not become fully united then it's likely EU will disband.
Might be coming sooner than you think. Her CDU party is beginning to struggle, especially after an historic defeat in Saturday's Hamburg election.

https://www.rt.com/news/481534-cdu-d...burg-reaction/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Anyone interested in the truth of your statement can use the link in the article, and just look at the front of the report. That settles this dispute.

Its the same article. Mine is the summary posted on Zero Hedge of the report you are referring to.

It has the same forward and quote by Juncker - the one you quoted in your post and the one I referred to in my answer.

My link was a summary of the document you posted. Here is the link to your document ... its the same as the one I posted.

https://ec.europa.eu/epsc/sites/epsc...mmon_goods.pdf

Your not only arguing with yourself, you are losing as well
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Its the same article. Mine is the summary posted on Zero Hedge of the report you are referring to.

It has the same forward and quote by Juncker - the one you quoted in your post and the one I referred to in my answer.

My link was a summary of the document you posted. Here is the link to your document ... its the same as the one I posted.

LOL! LOL!! Sollys talking to himself again?
Donkeyman!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 04:36 PM

Had to stifle a chuckle after reading this that someone on another forum wrote. If only that forum member was on the negotiating team!

He says,,,,

Brexiteers in full voice - red in tooth and claw supporting UK negotiation position which could be summarised as follows:

The negotiations must be complete and approved by 31 December 2020 or we walk away from the table on WTO ‘’Australian’’ terms - i.e. basic WTO No Deal Terms as what we really want are sectoral deals on areas that suit us within the framework of a bare bones FTA.

We want quota and tariff free access to your Single Market for goods and open ended ‘’passporting’’ equivalence for services access to 5m.

We want to use whatever standards on goods we prefer at any time in the future and we do not feel obliged to abide by your Standards Rule book or dispute resolution process.

We will obtain any competitive advantage we can using State Aid, altering labour, environmental, taxation, rules of origin and other standards.

We want the ability to negotiate an FTA with US or any other country and accept any standards those countries require, even if those standards breach EU standards.

We want our universities to participate as an equal in EU 100Bn research programme.

We want our children to continue to have access to unlimited travel and study at your universities as part of the Erasmus programme.

We want to retain access to any EU agency that suits our purpose such as medicines approval, Space, Security co-operation, European Arrest Warrants or equivalent by opting into those agencies at no cost.

We shall issue annual Fishing Licences to fish in UK waters on such terms and quantity we deem appropriate.

By implication of 5 and avoidance of Rules of Origin compliance we want to sell/re-export into the EU any product we import into the UK, irrespective of whether that product complies with EU standards.

We shall not pay a penny into any EU Budget.

EU shall treat UK law as equal to EU law regarding the application and interpretation of EU law.

We want to continue to have equivalent of European Health Insurance Card so our citizens can continue to avail of free medical services when visiting Europe.

And, we are an independent sovereign nation of 66m equal to the shared combined sovereignty of 27 European nations of 450m, represented by the EU institutions and we hold all the cards as the EU economy of 20Tn will go bankrupt without our net contribution of 8.5Bn and annual goods trade deficit of 80Bn.

Finally, we shall continue with our vitriolic press briefings and facilitate a toxic mass media campaign against all EU officials and institutions, Euro and member states that dare question our right to all of the above.

UNQUOTE

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 04:43 PM

Oh, what a great find Shroppy
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

25-02-2020, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Had to stifle a chuckle after reading this that someone on another forum wrote. If only that forum member was on the negotiating team!

He says,,,,

Brexiteers in full voice - red in tooth and claw supporting UK negotiation position which could be summarised as follows:

The negotiations must be complete and approved by 31 December 2020 or we walk away from the table on WTO ‘’Australian’’ terms - i.e. basic WTO No Deal Terms as what we really want are sectoral deals on areas that suit us within the framework of a bare bones FTA.

We want quota and tariff free access to your Single Market for goods and open ended ‘’passporting’’ equivalence for services access to 5m.

We want to use whatever standards on goods we prefer at any time in the future and we do not feel obliged to abide by your Standards Rule book or dispute resolution process.

We will obtain any competitive advantage we can using State Aid, altering labour, environmental, taxation, rules of origin and other standards.

We want the ability to negotiate an FTA with US or any other country and accept any standards those countries require, even if those standards breach EU standards.

We want our universities to participate as an equal in EU 100Bn research programme.

We want our children to continue to have access to unlimited travel and study at your universities as part of the Erasmus programme.

We want to retain access to any EU agency that suits our purpose such as medicines approval, Space, Security co-operation, European Arrest Warrants or equivalent by opting into those agencies at no cost.

We shall issue annual Fishing Licences to fish in UK waters on such terms and quantity we deem appropriate.

By implication of 5 and avoidance of Rules of Origin compliance we want to sell/re-export into the EU any product we import into the UK, irrespective of whether that product complies with EU standards.

EU shall treat UK law as equal to EU law regarding the application and interpretation of EU law.

We want to continue to have equivalent of European Health Insurance Card so our citizens can continue to avail of free medical services when visiting Europe.

And, we are an independent sovereign nation of 66m equal to the shared combined sovereignty of 27 European nations of 450m, represented by the EU institutions and we hold all the cards as the EU economy of 20Tn will go bankrupt without our net contribution of 8.5Bn and annual goods trade deficit of 80Bn.

Finally, we shall continue with our vitriolic press briefings and facilitate a toxic mass media campaign against all EU officials and institutions, Euro and member states that dare question our right to all of the above.

UNQUOTE

That's about right
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 05:08 PM

Yes, I think I'd find that acceptable.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

The only link you posted in #1, this https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...ze-eus-decline
To a zerohedge article. Mine was to the original report, which you obviously still haven't consulted.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 06:13 PM

He says,,,,

UNQUOTE

That's about the same list theresa may started with. Only to be sent home with the message that cherry picking is not on. Boris hasn't learnt anything. Typical brexiter trait.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top