Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 08:07 PM

Re: Energy Switching

I never bother switching energy suppliers, I've been with British Gas from the start and never had a problem. I send in my meter readings every quarter, and they make up my bill instantly. Their website is one of the best available.

I left npower several years ago because their website was always down, and they made many mistakes which led to hours of telephone conversations.

I might pay a few quid more, but it's worth it for the 'No Hassle' and prices vary so much, what was a good deal this year, is a lousy deal next year. I refuse to spend time trying to sort out who is the best supplier this month, and the endless phone calls when it all goes t*ts up....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 10:29 AM

I swap all the time, at least once a year but this year I've swapped twice. No problems with the switching just a few clicks of a button and I've never needed to make a phone call since leaving the nightmare known as Scottish Power about five years ago....
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:04 AM

Thanks for advice I’m staying with BG after a phone got their best offer “online green till Dec 19” . Yes Art is right no one should have to go through all this palaver, energy prices should be transparent with best price offers going to loyal customers. Instead of wading through often exaggerated deals with numerous unknown suppliers 70% of those on uswitch i’d not heard of before.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:13 AM

I may have mentioned this before, but I have signed up with Martin Lewis's Cheap Energy Club (it's free!) and I receive notification of the best deals whenever my current agreement is about to expire.

I recently changed to a new deal with EDF (despite my resolution to never buy anything French!) on their recommendation. There were one or two slightly cheaper deals, if I remember, but these were with small companies with an unknown track record. Perhaps I'll try one of them next year.

EDF offered the best deal but, to be perfectly honest, their customer services are rather crap. I have written to them a couple of times recently and receive the automatic response "we are suffering unusually high customer calls....... etc, etc." They have still not got back to me. I couldn't, therefore, recommend EDF to others.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:23 AM

What a racket, it makes me sick ... whilst people like Martin Lewis are making millions out of it.

I hope their days are numbered, it's about time the government did something.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
What a racket, it makes me sick ... whilst people like Martin Lewis are making millions out of it.

I hope their days are numbered, it's about time the government did something.
I don't consider it a racket, and if Martin Lewis makes money out of it, good for him.

However, the energy companies are certainly involved in a racket, which is why I am all for competition. People who stay with the same company year after year are just asking to be taken advantage of, though that is their choice of course.

The Cheap Energy Club is, in my opinion, an excellent service and saves the consumer a lot of trouble in making enquiries of several companies and doing his own comparison. In addition, the Cheap Energy Club usually obtains discounts for those who use it to change supplier.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
In a recent Which? survey, Bulb came 6= but Scottish Power came 26=, along with British Gas.

I'm with Flow (a subsidiary of the Co-op) which came 2nd.

As expected after the first year, Flow have just notified me that my monthly payments have to change .....

..... they are going DOWN by 20% .....

I didn't see that coming .....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We've just resigned to fix our British Gas duel fuel tariff.
They fight over it?
Sorry, couldn't resist................
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I may have mentioned this before, but I have signed up with Martin Lewis's Cheap Energy Club (it's free!) and I receive notification of the best deals whenever my current agreement is about to expire.
I've also signed up to Martin Lewis's Cheap Energy Club - it's worth it just to get a reminder that your fixed term is up, or there's a cheaper deal on the market.

From the companies he recommended I've gone with Green Energy. The best company I ever used was Ovo - it's run by really efficient kids in university - and I understand that if your account is in credit they give 3% interest!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2019, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I've also signed up to Martin Lewis's Cheap Energy Club - it's worth it just to get a reminder that your fixed term is up, or there's a cheaper deal on the market.

From the companies he recommended I've gone with Green Energy. The best company I ever used was Ovo - it's run by really efficient kids in university - and I understand that if your account is in credit they give 3% interest!
Is the supplier really called Green Energy .....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top