Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 12:43 AM

Re: Should Perfume And Aftershave Be Banned In Public Places?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mrs Killjoy is here ..... As a sufferer with a bad reaction brought on from other people’s perfume. I think all perfumes and aftershaves should be banned in public places.
So many people who are perfume sensitive and allergic to the chemicals contained in them, really do suffer.

Fake or genuine, l find perfumes an intrusion to my personal space.

What do you say to that? No swear words please!
You have a fan in Kitty (who also has a cure for SAD):

eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 08:02 AM

It's a ridiculous idea. Quite apart from the practicalities of enforcing a ban on scent - do we recruit perfume police to sniff everyone on the street? Are we going to ban people who smell of BO because I find it offensive? People who are eating peanuts inn case the smell gives someone a reaction?

The police don't even bother to fine adults who ride bikes through our town centre despite notices, and these can knock elderly people off their feet.

Bloody hell, talk about over the top ...........
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 09:02 AM

Art, do you not wear perfume then?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 09:06 AM

Mr M has the same problem Art he starts to cough and sneeze walking through the perfume dept of a store and also by those shops that sell soap cut off blocks.

I don’t mind light fragrances .
I love perfume myself but it’s personal taste you don’t want to be gassed by someone else’s choice .
Better than walking through a corridor of smokers puffing their heads off outside shops pubs etc .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 01:18 PM

Perhaps I'm being selfish but I would hate for perfumes to be banned. I like to smell nice. Only last night I sprayed myself with J'Adore tester and it smelled divine.

I would much rather smell nice perfume smells than horrible body odour, it makes me gip. I was once in a washroom and a woman came in with a burka on and all the heavy black attire, it was a red hot day and she stank vile, made me feel sick. Urgh, never forgotten that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Perhaps I'm being selfish but I would hate for perfumes to be banned. I like to smell nice. Only last night I sprayed myself with J'Adore tester and it smelled divine.

I would much rather smell nice perfume smells than horrible body odour, it makes me gip. I was once in a washroom and a woman came in with a burka on and all the heavy black attire, it was a red hot day and she stank vile, made me feel sick. Urgh, never forgotten that.
Yes, l’m sure your perfume was lovely to you but for some others that smell would be horrible and cause them to feel as if they had been poisoned!
My point is, why should l have to smell other people’s perfume?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes, l’m sure your perfume was lovely to you but for some others that smell would be horrible and cause them to feel as if they had been poisoned!
My point is, why should l have to smell other people’s perfume?
why should we have to do a lot of things in life, that's life. I guess we can't please all of the people all of the time.
I suppose I could say, why should I have to smell other peoples body odour
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
It's a ridiculous idea. Quite apart from the practicalities of enforcing a ban on scent - do we recruit perfume police to sniff everyone on the street? Are we going to ban people who smell of BO because I find it offensive? People who are eating peanuts inn case the smell gives someone a reaction?

The police don't even bother to fine adults who ride bikes through our town centre despite notices, and these can knock elderly people off their feet.

Bloody hell, talk about over the top ...........
Quoted from an article.....

SHOULD WE BAN PERFUME?

Scent is such an integral part of our lives that restrictions will sound crazy to many — in the same way it was hard to imagine smoking bans in the Sixties — but the majority of people would support fragrance bans, according to one recent study.

The research found 53 per cent of people would support a fragrance-free policy in their workplace.

In Canada, many hospitals and firms have already done this — banning air fresheners, pot pourri and diffusers. Other policies go so far as to ask people to refrain from using scented toiletries, deodorants and perfumes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2019, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Art , I saw a post on Tripadvisor asking for hotels who don’t use air fresheners recommendations for the same reason as you .She won’t find any.
Unfortunate that some have these sensitivities isn’t it ?
Women who drown themselves in perfume when they’re going to the theatre are selfish nuisances .
Zuleika, The air fresheners are lethal! Why would anyone want chemicals pumped out into their rooms and be inhaling them?

I suppose the worst perfumes are the pungent ones that you can smell a mile off! I don’t think some know the meaning of ‘subtle’!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2019, 01:56 PM

Just reading up about perfumes and I found that perfume has been around for thousands of years.

Quote:
Cyprus
To date, the oldest perfumery was discovered on the island of Cyprus.[5] Excavations in 2004-2005 under the initiative of an Italian archaeological team unearthed evidence of an enormous factory that existed 4,000 years ago during the Bronze Age.[6] This covered an estimated surface area of over 4,000m² indicating that perfume manufacturing was on an industrial scale.[7] The news of this discovery was reported extensively through the world press and many artifacts are already on display in Rome.[8] The Bible describes a sacred perfume (Exodus 30:22-33) consisting of liquid myrrh, fragrant cinnamon, fragrant cane, and cassia. Its use was forbidden, except by the priests. The women wore perfume to present their beauty.

Interesting, never really thought of when perfume originated

I personally hope they don't ban it but I can understand the banning of those plug in air freshners and sprays.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top