Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 09:15 PM

Re: Leasing an Electric Car in the UK

Honda Urban EV

Like the original Civic, the all-electric Urban EV is tugging at your nostalgic heartstrings in the name of lovable, simple transportation. Enter through suicide doors and the four-seater carries two regular-sized humans up front and two contortionists in back. The windshield-spanning touchscreen cleans up the dashboard and replaces a myriad of switchgear and gauges, both modernist and utilitarian at once.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Honda Urban EV

Like the original Civic, the all-electric Urban EV is tugging at your nostalgic heartstrings in the name of lovable, simple transportation. Enter through suicide doors and the four-seater carries two regular-sized humans up front and two contortionists in back. The windshield-spanning touchscreen cleans up the dashboard and replaces a myriad of switchgear and gauges, both modernist and utilitarian at once.

Looks like a Mk1 Golf with a touch of Alfasud and a soul. I like it,
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I wouldn't have an all-electric car if you paid me to be honest. They have no range to speak of and are not that cheap to recharge either from what I've read recently
The range figures bandied around are a disgrace. As you say the distance on a full charge is often quoted but what they never tell you is that is only in perfect conditions. If you are driving on a cold winter night in rain with the radio and heater on you will be lucky to get half of the quoted distance.

Then how would you feel if the battery just died on you on an unclassified road in the middle of the Yorkshire moors Walking ten miles in the rain on a winter night is not what I would call amusing. You couldn't call the RAC as there would likely be no mobile phone coverage.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
The range figures bandied around are a disgrace. As you say the distance on a full charge is often quoted but what they never tell you is that is only in perfect conditions. If you are driving on a cold winter night in rain with the radio and heater on you will be lucky to get half of the quoted distance.

Then how would you feel if the battery just died on you on an unclassified road in the middle of the Yorkshire moors Walking ten miles in the rain on a winter night is not what I would call amusing. You couldn't call the RAC as there would likely be no mobile phone coverage.
But wouldn’t that be the same if your car broke down and had an internal combustion engine?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 12:19 PM

Sue's Honda Civic 1.6 diesel estate does not incur any road tax, so why worry about an electric car

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top