Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 07:10 AM

Woman on a mission!

I have been commissioned to make a bracelet - gold and tortoiseshell (synthetic, of course) - so I am on a mission to find the 'findings'! Gold is no problem, but have searched the internet for Tortoiseshell beads/pieces to no avail. Difficulty being - it has to match an old necklace.

Am out with friends today and am hoping we may go to Selby to do a raid on the many charity/junk shops there in search of old jewellery to harvest.

Will bribe the driver with promise of lunch at Selby Garden Centre - they serve the most delicious Corned Beef Pie!!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 09:07 AM

Re: Woman on a mission!

Good luck in your endeavours, ST. I'm not a keen shopper but just love having something special to look out for. If I lived closer, I would ask to join you, especially with the promise of that pie for lunch!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Good luck in your endeavours, ST. I'm not a keen shopper but just love having something special to look out for. If I lived closer, I would ask to join you, especially with the promise of that pie for lunch!
And you would be very welcome!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 12:15 PM

What an interesting challenge tabs. I know you will make an excellent job of it as always. Don't forget to show us.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 03:38 PM

That certainly sounds like a fun way to solve a problem, ST.

What about doing an eBay search for an old piece of jewelry that you could deconstruct?

I can't wait to see the fruits of your labor. Have fun!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

21-01-2020, 05:12 PM

Well - back from Selby. Bought the gold, had the delicious pie, but no tortoiseshell - either real or synthetic - to be found. Off to make a pot of tea - then will surf the 'net.

Hadn't thought about Ebay, Surfermom, thank you for the tip!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well - back from Selby. Bought the gold, had the delicious pie, but no tortoiseshell - either real or synthetic - to be found. Off to make a pot of tea - then will surf the 'net.

Hadn't thought about Ebay, Surfermom, thank you for the tip!
Not sure what you after exactly but just spotted 'Faux tortoise shell sheet' on Ebay.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 11:04 PM

Is this link any help to you, Tabby?

https://www.etsy.com/market/tortoise...SAAEgJoH_D_BwE
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 11:30 PM

Possibly old spectacles?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

22-01-2020, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not sure what you after exactly but just spotted 'Faux tortoise shell sheet' on Ebay.
Thank you - will go and look.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Is this link any help to you, Tabby?

https://www.etsy.com/market/tortoise...SAAEgJoH_D_BwE
Wow! That is brilliant - lots to choose from - thank you!

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Possibly old spectacles?
Never thought of those - thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top