Join for free
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 08:00 AM

Everybody Out! - Part 2

A small ad at the bottom of one column caught his eye and he squinted short-sightedly at the words, leaning over and causing a worm of warm ash to plop into his flashy tie. “A chance of a lifetime for one lucky man! Are you good with your hands? Intelligent but under-appreciated? Fed up with dealing with idiots? Call this number and change your life.”

Adrian Forrester, frustrated and bitter, fat and middle aged, didn’t hesitate. He grabbed the phone and with podgy fingers dialled the number. “Probably already gone” he told himself, as he listened to the ring tone.“Can I help you?” a smoothly hypnotic female voice enquired gently.

“Er, yes you can, I hope” replied Adrian, his palms suddenly damp.
“It’s your ad. I want to pop along if that’s allright. Just let the dog see the rabbit, don’t you know. Show you what you could be missing.” That didn’t sound quite right to his ears, but she didn’t seem to notice.

“Of course sir,” the velvety voice responded, and proceeded to give Adrian explicit directions and an appointment time for the following morning. The office block was tucked away in a narrow road that Adrian had never noticed before, which was odd as he’d lived in the area all his life. He’d made a special effort to look good for the interview – mock silk tie, not too garish and unstained, his grey suit from which he’d sponged most of the previous day’s mud, shiny shoes, dark socks and a generous splash of cologne. “If that bird’s as good as she sounds” he smirked, “she’s going to get a treat when I lean in to shake her hand.” The thought brought a faint colour up to his fat cheeks and a grin to his mouth. He paused outside the doors, took out a tiny phial of breath freshener and squirted a jet down his throat. He marched confidently over to a reception desk which was disconcertingly deserted. No bell to attract attention either, he noted. No visible CCTV to monitor who came and went, which was very lax of them. He could fix them up in no time, might earn him a few brownie points …

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top