Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 10:57 PM

Re: 2017 cruise

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
see post 31 goldielocks. Only one he mentioned was when he was 3 years old. That was back in 1942 so a real expert on the subject from an armchair
If you think that was a cruise you must be really daft. A cruise into the Atlantic from the UK around the Bay of Biscay when the area was full of German Uboats and all ships being used for the war effort. The reason I posted we were taking a long zig-lag course to stop being victims. All to win the war so you could enjoy freedom to go on your cruises, the freedom you so want to stifle from anybody who does not agree with your views on the joys of cruising which is many it seems.
No I have not been on a cruise, no need I would hate it as it ,as it provides nothing in life I enjoy and a great deal I dislike intensely .
As I posted I would pay the cost of a cruise to charity rather than go on one and consider the money well spent.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 11:38 PM

got to have a chat with her earlier which I got a wave at the end
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
If you think that was a cruise you must be really daft. A cruise into the Atlantic from the UK around the Bay of Biscay when the area was full of German Uboats and all ships being used for the war effort. The reason I posted we were taking a long zig-lag course to stop being victims. All to win the war so you could enjoy freedom to go on your cruises, the freedom you so want to stifle from anybody who does not agree with your views on the joys of cruising which is many it seems.
No I have not been on a cruise, no need I would hate it as it ,as it provides nothing in life I enjoy and a great deal I dislike intensely .
As I posted I would pay the cost of a cruise to charity rather than go on one and consider the money well spent.

not me that asked the question

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Can I ask Duke have you ever been on a cruise?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 01:31 AM

The thing about this thread that irks a bit is that it seems difficult for some to accept that some of us really really don't want to go on a cruise. (I hate the idea of entertainment put on as well!) We all have our own ideas of what we like in terms of travel, so, while some people who haven't been on a cruise may consider it, others of us will never see the appeal. No need to try to persuade us otherwise!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-05-2016, 08:45 AM

I refer you back to post 6 when asked if I would recommend them. hence my postings.
No one asked for the anti cruise brigand to butt in or even trying to persuade them to try going on a cruise.

If read properly all I have done is talking about my cruise experience
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
The thing about this thread that irks a bit is that it seems difficult for some to accept that some of us really really don't want to go on a cruise. (I hate the idea of entertainment put on as well!) We all have our own ideas of what we like in terms of travel, so, while some people who haven't been on a cruise may consider it, others of us will never see the appeal. No need to try to persuade us otherwise!

I think the problem was started by some that don't like cruising, Ania. There should be no need to mock and name call those that do.
Be better (and quicker) to just to simply say "not for me," without calling them 'snobs' and 'up their own backsides' etc.
That's when a thread starts to deteriorate.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think the problem started by some that don't like cruises, Ania.
There should be no need to mock and name call those that do. Be better (and quicker) to just say "not for me," without calling them snobs and up their own backsides etc.

Isn't it a shame Mups that this happens. I appreciated all the comments from realspeed and realist. They took the time to give everyone cruise or anticruise an insight. There is definately no need for name calling.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 10:14 AM

not me that asked the question
Try post 69.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

11-05-2016, 10:20 AM

got to have a chat with her earlier which I got a wave at the end
Just played that and it was diabolical . Is this a representation of the third rate rubbish they dish up for a lot of money.

So you spoke to her before she sang and she gave you a wave, lost me there fellow, why did you find that so exciting.

And the surround noise, what pleasure is there in all that? Even more when you can chill out on a decent beach and listen to a decent version of the song.

Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Just played that and it was diabolical . Is this a representation of the third rate rubbish they dish up for a lot of money.

So you spoke to her before she sang and she gave you a wave, lost me there fellow, why did you find that so exciting.

And the surround noise, what pleasure is there in all that? Even more when you can chill out on a decent beach and listen to a decent version of the song.

Duke calm down.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top