Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 07:30 AM

Re: Aussies cheating

Why on earth do they do it ?
It's simply not cricket !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why on earth do they do it ?
It's simply not cricket !
If they do it a lot and get away with it, they become big names in their sport! This means that they can make a lot of money, from advertising, even after they are too old to play the sport.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 09:56 AM

Hi

As Twinks said, there is no kudos in winning if you are cheating.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 10:05 AM

Feel sorry for the wives they didn't cheat and are getting terrible abuse on line now.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It happens a lot in sport Mups, usually because there is money involved. Even athletes have been taking performance enhancing drugs.
I just hope that they don't find it happening in rugby union.
Not remember the Bloodgate then Twink, no sport is free from cheating.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Not remember the Bloodgate then Twink, no sport is free from cheating.
Yes I remember that and there was a huge fine and suspensions. The player on that occasion was told to do it and I think that any coach who approves of cheating should be permanently removed from any sport.

Any person who cheats in sport should be banned permanently. That way players & teams will be assessed on their ability, not their desire to become millionaires
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
i have always regarded cricket as probably the only sport in which the players are gentlemen, and coincidentally it is the only sport i watch. One thing i cannot abide is dishonesty, and hearing about this is disappointing. Australia has always been one of the most capable international teams and i can't imagine why any of them should want to do this sort of thing.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 11:11 AM

You have no idea of the outcry here.

Smith and Warner both have to go not for a few games but out of the game all together, if they don't Cricket Australia will be looking like ineffective fools.

Sydney Morning Herald:
The fall from grace – for Steve Smith, for Australian cricket – will take time to sink in. Three days ago, this 28-year-old was set to hold his high office for as long as Allan Border. Three days ago, he was the best batsman since Bradman. Three days ago, he was still a kid, a suburban Sydney cricket nut with an endearing bag of tics and twitches. Today, if you polled Australian cricket followers, Smith would be welcome to spend the rest of his career as a pariah on the Twenty20 mercenary circuit and forget about wearing that baggy green cap.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...26-p4z6c5.html

ABC:
Cricket Australia and the players directly involved could literally pay a high price for the ball-tampering scandal engulfing the sport.

Fund manager Magellan is a major naming rights sponsor of Cricket Australia and has expressed its deep concern about behaviour that amounted to outright cheating.

It wants a quick resolution from Cricket Australia that involves decisive action against the players involved, and is waiting to see what the sport's governing body does before it takes any action.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-2...pering/9588038
This team has always been a crap team with little sense of team spirit and poor leadership, this is the result.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 11:16 AM

Thanks for that Bruce.

I get the impression that the Australian general public are livid!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 11:34 AM

Hi

Like Ruthio, a really good post Bruce.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top