Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 05:09 PM

Re: Has the internet made me lazy?

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Lazier in that there is no journey to the library necessary to answer questions I did not know the answers to. However, now with the internet easily to hand it's so easy to find out more that I am sure I have become more knowledgeable.

Some who know me might not agree with that! For me though that's a positive I believe the internet has provided.

Me also, it's great that I can identify an insect or a bird by using Google when I am asked if I know what it is, but don't straight away.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 05:11 PM

I love my lap top, it took me three years to decide to buy one. The first was in 2007, it scared me to death in the beginning but I wouldn't be without one now. I do not do FB, Twitter or anything like them but this is my third forum.
I'm an old biddy with arthritic knees and hips so this lappy is a sanity saver. I order my groceries on line etc. I play cards, Mah-jong and Sudoku & Email my relatives in Oz. Why the heck did it take me three whole years to decide!? It doesn't me lazy, I was that already.

PS, Both Kindle and library books here.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
I love my lap top, it took me three years to decide to buy one. The first was in 2007, it scared me to death in the beginning but I wouldn't be without one now. I do not do FB, Twitter or anything like them but this is my third forum.
I'm an old biddy with arthritic knees and hips so this lappy is a sanity saver. I order my groceries on line etc. I play cards, Mah-jong and Sudoku & Email my relatives in Oz. Why the heck did it take me three whole years to decide!? It doesn't me lazy, I was that already.
We had our first home p.c. in 2007 too, at first, like you, it scared me silly, but then I started using it, tentatively at first, but gradually got bolder, now I can go anywhere & yes, I have always been lazy also. I prefer the home p.c., couldn't get on with a laptop, i pad, though I do have one, or an i phone, not got one.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
But you can't display them that way, on the mantle or where ever you put them, unless you print them out which defeats the object of saving paper. I love getting B/D cards I can display.
That doesn't bother me, especially as they are put in the recycling bag as soon as the event is over.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 05:41 PM

I live in a small flat so this laptop is ideal - only thing is - my bum is getting bigger too.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top