Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 07:41 PM

Re: Co codamol

I hope so too I am still here waiting for X-rays and blood tests have been here since 11.00 am
I has given me lots of time to think how lucky we are to have the NHS and how it must not be allowed to fail .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I hope so too I am still here waiting for X-rays and blood tests have been here since 11.00 am
I has given me lots of time to think how lucky we are to have the NHS and how it must not be allowed to fail .

What a pain being there so long, Muddy, but I have a feeling this time they will sort it out once and for all. It couldn't go on as it was, just getting more painful.

Best of luck, and hope you get home soon. x
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 08:26 PM

As Artangel said above - "We are all different!"
My wife suffers from several different medical conditions including osteo-arthritis, heart problems, neurological issues due to damaged vertebrae, cataracts and recently had a 'minor' stroke (minor but dangerous as it involved a midline shift of her brain). As a result she takes a huge selection of 30+ different tablets each day. Amongst these are 80mg of OxyContin (Oxycodone) per day for the arthritis and neurological pain plus up to 8 30/500 cocodamol tablets per day for breakthrough pain. Luckily she hasn't experienced too much in the way of side-effects from any of her medications. Recently, our GP surgery messed up her prescription and she had to go three days without her medication. There were no withdrawal symptoms, just three days of agony.
Furryanimal
Wales
Furryanimal is male  Furryanimal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 09:13 PM

A family member has been prescribed these for years for pain caused by osteoarthritis.They contain paracetamol -hence the advice there.Biggest problem is long term use can cause constipation-and they can get you a bit high!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 11:47 PM

Muddy, you home from the hospital tonight?
Hope you're ok.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 12:45 PM

Strange, but I've never experienced a high with my oxycodone pills. I do notice with breakthrough pain that the liquid oxycodone (basically morphine) I do feel a bit more relaxed.

My body must just be used to the medication I take although I'm careful to take only the prescribed dose.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Muddy, you home from the hospital tonight?
Hope you're ok.
I'm ok Mups thank you .
We got back at 8.30 pm but I have to go back Monday .
Not looking forward to that
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 04:11 PM

I'm ok Mups thank you .
Has the hospital given you anything to help ease the pain Muddy?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 04:58 PM

I'm ok Mups thank you .

I foresee an injection of anti-tetanus serum - and we all know where they go !!! Painful !!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
As Artangel said above - "We are all different!"
My wife suffers from several different medical conditions including osteo-arthritis, heart problems, neurological issues due to damaged vertebrae, cataracts and recently had a 'minor' stroke (minor but dangerous as it involved a midline shift of her brain). As a result she takes a huge selection of 30+ different tablets each day. Amongst these are 80mg of OxyContin (Oxycodone) per day for the arthritis and neurological pain plus up to 8 30/500 cocodamol tablets per day for breakthrough pain. Luckily she hasn't experienced too much in the way of side-effects from any of her medications. Recently, our GP surgery messed up her prescription and she had to go three days without her medication. There were no withdrawal symptoms, just three days of agony.
Very sorry to hear that, it's how I found out I was addicted to tramadol, no prescription came through on a bank holiday weekend so I was without for a week, by time they prescribed again I had gone through worst of the withdrawal so I refused it but it was hard to say no and even today if I was offered one I know in my heart I might say yes please !

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top