Join for free
Page 10 of 276 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 > Last »
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 08:54 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Dreamy I am just catching up here.
I am afraid I would be climbing the walls wanting a ciggy.
I had a major operation about seven years ago and I coughed all night post op. I was in pain and I kept the other ladies on the ward awake with my coughing. I was a smoker and I have never smoked a cigarette since. If you are determined enough you can quit smoking.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
I had a major operation about seven years ago and I coughed all night post op. I was in pain and I kept the other ladies on the ward awake with my coughing. I was a smoker and I have never smoked a cigarette since. If you are determined enough you can quit smoking.
I had a horrible time giving up, but if anything would make me want a puff again it would be a cancer diagnosis. I used to love smoking but like you it caused respiratory problems and I stopped just in time to head that off.

Hopefully for Ffosse this is Hodgkins again because that's one of the most successfully treated cancers. It won't be long before we have really great cures for all these cancers and chemotherapy will be no more. People are working on that as I type.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I had a horrible time giving up, but if anything would make me want a puff again it would be a cancer diagnosis. I used to love smoking but like you it caused respiratory problems and I stopped just in time to head that off.

Hopefully for Ffosse this is Hodgkins again because that's one of the most successfully treated cancers. It won't be long before we have really great cures for all these cancers and chemotherapy will be no more. People are working on that as I type.
Unfortunately the Haemotology team seem to believe that this isn’t Hodgkins again as that site for a Hodgkins tumour would be written up in medical literature by now. Truth is: no-one knows and it will take a week to find out - meanwhile I remain under their care and the steroids seem to be having a positive affect.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Unfortunately the Haemotology team seem to believe that this isn’t Hodgkins again as that site for a Hodgkins tumour would be written up in medical literature by now. Truth is: no-one knows and it will take a week to find out - meanwhile I remain under their care and the steroids seem to be having a positive affect.
That is good and sorry for me mentioning I smoke.
I am going to give up soon, it was my recent loss that made me smoke more again.
Shame on me.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
That is good and sorry for me mentioning I smoke.
I am going to give up soon, it was my recent loss that made me smoke more again.
Shame on me.
You do smoke more in times of stress, I know because I have been there and done that. I stopped overnight, crushed my remaining pack of cigarettes. There weren't any electronic cigarettes at the time I stopped smoking. Quitting isn't easy, takes a lot of willpower. Worth quitting for the health benefits and saves so much money.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:07 PM

There is no real shame in smoking; if you can keep it to as few as possible cigarettes a day, all the better.

But I think you would like vaping, Sweetir.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:12 PM

Well the steroids having a positive effect is a great sign. Yes of course silly me there's not lymph node there. But I am keeping my fingers crossed.

They have nearly completed the first NHS proton beam therapy centre in Manchester and they will start treating patients this year. That will remove a lot of the risk from any op needed on such a site. Next year they will be opening one in London too.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-02-2018, 10:19 PM

Oh no, you’re quite right to highlight the positives (I have a tendency to catastophise and that just brings everything down).
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
You do smoke more in times of stress, I know because I have been there and done that. I stopped overnight, crushed my remaining pack of cigarettes. There weren't any electronic cigarettes at the time I stopped smoking. Quitting isn't easy, takes a lot of willpower. Worth quitting for the health benefits and saves so much money.
There is no real shame in smoking; if you can keep it to as few as possible cigarettes a day, all the better.

But I think you would like vaping, Sweetie.
You are both right. I will do it!
But for now, let's all support Dreamy through this difficult time.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 10:46 PM

Ffosse, good to hear that the procedure is done.

It could also be benign. Hopeful there.

Page 10 of 276 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top