Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
socialdancer
Dublin, Ireland
socialdancer is female 

14-07-2016, 10:46 PM

Re: Len Goodman

Thing is, Anton is a bit of a loose cannon, you wouldn't know what he might come out with, plus his two outings as a presenter have not been terribly successful.

Do you want to replace Len as he was - ballroom expert, knew what he was talking about, mostly spoke sense? Or Len as he became - someone who now has this walnut-pickling Cockney geezer persona, takes dislikes to people so they can never do right, can be grumpy as h*ell just because he is jet lagged? Why not make Craig head judge and perhaps bring in someone like Karen Hardy.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 10:52 PM

Karen Hardy would be perfect ... but something tells me she and D'Arcy might not work well together
socialdancer
Dublin, Ireland
socialdancer is female 

15-07-2016, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Karen Hardy would be perfect ... but something tells me she and D'Arcy might not work well together
That could be fun though
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by socialdancer ->
That could be fun though
naughty girl !!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 09:05 AM

Thing is, Anton is a bit of a loose cannon, you wouldn't know what he might come out with, plus his two outings as a presenter have not been terribly successful.

Do you want to replace Len as he was - ballroom expert, knew what he was talking about, mostly spoke sense? Or Len as he became - someone who now has this walnut-pickling Cockney geezer persona, takes dislikes to people so they can never do right, can be grumpy as h*ell just because he is jet lagged? Why not make Craig head judge and perhaps bring in someone like Karen Hardy.
There was a rumour that CRH wanted to introduce same sex partners to the show turning it into Strictly Come Prancing. Don't think I would be watching.
socialdancer
Dublin, Ireland
socialdancer is female 

16-07-2016, 10:57 AM

I hope they don't, Longdogs - I have no problem with same sex couples competing in their own competitions and there is quite a big same sex competition circuit in the UK - but not in a celebrity scenario. Goodness knows Bruno drools enough over some of the men as does CRH at times. In fact I would not miss Bruno if he went, he has now become a caricature of himself. I saw Donnie Burns as a guest on the American show, and he was great, in fact so was Michael Flatley.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 11:05 AM

I hope they don't, Longdogs - I have no problem with same sex couples competing in their own competitions and there is quite a big same sex competition circuit in the UK - but not in a celebrity scenario. Goodness knows Bruno drools enough over some of the men as does CRH at times. In fact I would not miss Bruno if he went, he has now become a caricature of himself. I saw Donnie Burns as a guest on the American show, and he was great, in fact so was Michael Flatley.
It annoys me when three quarters of the panel plus Tess, Claudia and Zoe, openly lust after the celebrity men, yet Len is considered a dirty old man.
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 11:20 AM

tbh i'm getting fed up of Strictly Come Dancing it has become very samey last few years - needs a revamp. I will miss Len Goodman as i find him the most knowledgeable re the ballroom dancing - Bruno gets on my wick - time he went but i do like Craig
Also can they get rid of Tess and Claudia the two of them are very annoying IMO
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It annoys me when three quarters of the panel plus Tess, Claudia and Zoe, openly lust after the celebrity men, yet Len is considered a dirty old man.

Id not heard that LD ,I always thought he was a Gentleman .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top