Join for free
Page 7 of 31 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 10:35 AM

Re: Statues

Treat these people as equals and they immediately believe that the must be better than you or you wouldn't be treating them as equal.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Treat these people as equals and they immediately believe that the must be better than you or you wouldn't be treating them as equal.
That's because they won't be called a racist, like you or I would if we didn't like them or accused them of anything Todger....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:31 AM

Oh Dear
Poor old Baden Powell has to go now

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-seafront.html
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oh Dear
Poor old Baden Powell has to go now

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-seafront.html
These bastards are trying to destroy our history and by so doing our national identity and pride.

They have activated the "useful idiots"*

*Useful idiot -- refer to https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...h/useful-idiot

Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 12:15 PM

They'll be after Nelson's column then ... poor little black man on it will have to go too . Tucked in the corner and hidden away with his curly hair.
But hey ho ... bring em' all down.

And have they got the guy who wrote Amazing Grace on their list too ... he was a slaver.

It's bloody annoying.
All they're doing is showing up how full of hatred they are for the 'white man' ... when the white man too has been a slave.
I know .. I've watched the films with the white galley slaves manning the oars of the Barbary pirates xebecs and I've watched Frankie Howerd in Up Pompeii.

All I can say is the education system is sadly lacking ...
What is this Black History Month they have in schools?

Doesn't sound like it's achieving much ... so instead of focusing on Blacks they should teach them about Slavery, all slavery and all colonisation, and what happened to all indigenous people such as American Red Indians, Australian Aborigines.
There are more disadvantaged people in the world than disgruntled Blacks running riot because they have a chip on their shoulder.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
They'll be after Nelson's column then ... poor little black man on it will have to go too . Tucked in the corner and hidden away with his curly hair.
But hey ho ... bring em' all down.

And have they got the guy who wrote Amazing Grace on their list too ... he was a slaver.

It's bloody annoying.
All they're doing is showing up how full of hatred they are for the 'white man' ... when the white man too has been a slave.
I know .. I've watched the films with the white galley slaves manning the oars of the Barbary pirates xebecs and I've watched Frankie Howerd in Up Pompeii.

All I can say is the education system is sadly lacking ...
What is this Black History Month they have in schools?

Doesn't sound like it's achieving much ... so instead of focusing on Blacks they should teach them about Slavery, all slavery and all colonisation, and what happened to all indigenous people such as American Red Indians, Australian Aborigines.

There are more disadvantaged people in the world than disgruntled Blacks running riot because they have a chip on their shoulder.

Well said Morti.
As I have said numerous times, all they are achieving is breeding more hatred.
On the other hand, maybe that is what some wanted in the first place.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
To what end ? Will he be reviewing statues and street names with an eye to political correctness ? An eye toward Muslim correctness ?
Well, my late MIL worked at the National Canine Defence League (now The Dog Trust) Head Office in PRATT STREET, Camden Town. Perhaps we should base Sadiq Khan there. Seems a fitting address for him.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

11-06-2020, 12:46 PM

After breaking monuments to great men of their time they despise what comes next?

BURNING BOOKS ?

Because we know what THAT is followed with.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I see HBO have removed Gone With The Wind now as well.

The fact that Hattie McDaniel, the first black woman to receive an Oscar was obviously not a good enough point to keep it.

The bandwagon rumbles on
Indeed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53004638
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, my late MIL worked at the National Canine Defence League (now The Dog Trust) Head Office in PRATT STREET, Camden Town. Perhaps we should base Sadiq Khan there. Seems a fitting address for him.

Page 7 of 31 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top