Join for free
Page 66 of 164 « First < 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 11:38 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

I notice the nurse said to you “ it’s your choice” That’s because there’s no claim on anyone should you have had a bad reaction .
Did you verbally consent or sign ?
Have you never had an allergy that needed treatment by medication or hospital Art ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I notice the nurse said to you “ it’s your choice” That’s because there’s no claim on anyone should you have had a bad reaction .
Have you never had an allergy that needed treatment by medication or hospital Art ?

Yes, I agree with that.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So sorry to hear of your reaction Mups, I didn't realise you had spent time in hospital as a result. I wished I lived a bit nearer so I could have helped out....
I also had a bad reaction to the flu jab back in 1972 and that's one of the reasons I never had the flu jab ever again. I hope you are feeling better now Mups, and wish you well in whatever you decide to do about the second jab.......
I had a flu jab in 68 and had a very bad year health-wise after it. I have refused all flu jabs since but had the AstraZeneca jab a few weeks ago and apart from a bit of dizziness after it, I have had no problems
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 12:39 PM

That depends on who you believe .
Certainly the Pfizer one isn’t recommended for people with allergies , or have they changed their minds in that ?
AZ one not thought to be as effective . Or have they also changed their minds on that?
It's all politics and no data thatseems to be responsible for that tripe sadly, as emerging data seems increasingly to suggest.

" By the fourth week after receiving the initial dose, the Pfizer and Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines were shown to reduce the risk of hospitalisation from Covid-19 by up to 85 per cent and 94 per cent, respectively.

Among those aged 80 years and over - one of the highest risk groups - vaccination was associated with an 81 per cent reduction in hospitalisation risk in the fourth week, when the results for both vaccines were combined."

We will await the English findings and greater detail which should be known soon, but from what the above would suggest so far it looks like - contrary to what some earlier stories have suggested - the AstraZeneca vaccine is actually more effective that the Pfizer/Biontech and that the consequent reduction in hospitalisations is substantial.
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...al-admissions/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
I had a flu jab in 68 and had a very bad year health-wise after it. I have refused all flu jabs since but had the AstraZeneca jab a few weeks ago and apart from a bit of dizziness after it, I have had no problems
Thanks warleyron, sorry to hear about your bad experience.
Having a bad experience myself to the flu jab is just one of the many additions to the ever growing list of reasons why I have declined to have the covid vaccine.

I don't worry about the short term side effects from either of the vaccines they are only to be expected. Bruised arms, swelling and twenty four hours of feeling unwell.
But I hope we can say the same in two or three years time when that mysterious illness begins to make itself known and appears completely unrelated to the vaccines that we had back in 2021 And then again in the autumn, and the winter, together with the flu vaccination.....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well I had that one and, fortunately, had no real problems. Just a slight headache sorted by paracetamols and a feeling of slight tiredness the next day (though that's not too unusual!).
No symptoms at all (as yet). No headache or tiredness, although I try not to work on Mondays because I'm an idle git. Well, I am supposed to be retired.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 02:34 PM

Zuleika, Yes, l knew if anyone had a severe reaction after the vaccination, there is no comeback on the pharmaceutical companies.
I am sure l signed something. I had to fill in forms.

Yes, l have had medication for allergies, l take Cetirizine for them and the hay fever l get in the summer.
I have had many courses of antibiotics for insect bites that l have reacted badly too. I once ended up in a hospital bed and kept in as they were so worried about the size of my arm. It occurred after a kindly friend sprayed something on several insect bites on my arm. I reacted badly to that.
I once posted a picture on here of a massive blister on my big toe after l reacted to an insect bite. I had to keep going to the surgery to have it dressed.

I am allergic to the antibiotic Flucloxacillin, l had a bad reaction to that years ago when it was prescribed for a Bursitis on my elbow which had grown quite large and looked freakish!

I am allergic to additives/chemicals in foods, sulphites, MSG, strong soap powders, strong perfumes and aftershaves, all air fresheners especially plug in ones, scented candles, mohair or similar plus other things.

I get weals and hives on my body when l am allergic to them. I occasionally get migraines with an aura after certain foods.

I have Asthma that l have an inhaler Pulmicort for. I read this is made by the manufacturers of the Pfizer and has been found helpful for people with bad chests after Covid.

Reading all that, l think l should have been put down years ago!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 02:45 PM

Mr M and I had the vaccine over 6 weeks ago but we didn’t have to sign anything .... maybe it was brought in a bit later. We were just given out vaccination cards and a few leaflets.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Mr M and I had the vaccine over 6 weeks ago but we didn’t have to sign anything .... maybe it was brought in a bit later. We were just given out vaccination cards and a few leaflets.
Same here. I haven't had to sign anything and I don't know anyone who has.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That was the same for me too Mags - my husband had his in December and mine was in late January and we weren't asked to sign anything. Maybe it was because ours were done at the surgery and they had our medical notes to hand - just a suggestion. One thing I was asked that I thought was odd was if I was a carer. Why they would ask me that I don't know - of course I care for my husband who is almost 90 and very fragile and that's what I told them. I didn't think to ask why they wanted to know I was too busy watching the other nurse with the needle!

Page 66 of 164 « First < 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top