Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 11:01 AM

Re: Stop and Search Extension

A situation arose on Coronation Street the other night (I know it's just a soap but it was relevant to this topic) A young black chap driving a top of the range motor was stopped by a policeman, the policeman asked to see his driving licence and the young chap asked the policeman why he wanted to see his licence. Obviously he was disgruntled and played the race card.....It escalated from that point on. Why on earth didn't the young lad comply without giving the policeman so much backchat?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A situation arose on Coronation Street the other night (I know it's just a soap but it was relevant to this topic) A young black chap driving a top of the range motor was stopped by a policeman, the policeman asked to see his driving licence and the young chap asked the policeman why he wanted to see his licence. Obviously he was disgruntled and played the race card.....It escalated from that point on. Why on earth didn't the young lad comply without giving the policeman so much backchat?

The reason being OGF, not everyone thinks like you, I would have complied but that’s me “now”the black guy might have to learn that one or maybe not, I think upbringing influences our decision making.

Or he may be a rebel as I’ve been in the past, I’ve given some coppers backchat,..never been handcuffed yet.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have found in honesty, some of those in authority have been the worst, some desperately want to be revered, why I really don’t know.

By all means lead with the right authority but it’s just a position that you have, nothing to do with being equal as a human being, ....imo.
There is quite a difference between equality and having respect for the law. Britain is going down the drain pauline because of the bad attitude and disrespect of authority from some of our young people and they get it from us.....Arguing with referees, back chatting policemen, disobeying rules and challenging teachers at school.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 11:15 AM

There is quite a difference between equality and having respect for the law. Britain is going down the drain pauline because of the bad attitude and disrespect of authority from some of our young people and they get it from us.....Arguing with referees, back chatting policemen, disobeying rules and challenging teachers at school.

I don’t see it that way, police officers aren’t perfect, they also have attitude, some of them, like I’ve said on a previous post,I back chatted a police officer some years back, his attitude stank ,he even got personal with me, I think some officers need training on how to address the general public,maybe they do get it, but on some it don’t work, I have great respect for coppers, only had a problem with that one.actually there were two of them, but he was the one who gave me a lot of personal gob.

The other one was dealing with a neighbour who was being held in the back of the police car.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 11:16 AM

These things have always been in existence. Due to population increase, there will naturally be a larger number of such incidences. What is unclear is whether the proportion has changed.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-07-2021, 11:27 AM

I don’t see it that way, police officers aren’t perfect, they also have attitude, some of them, like I’ve said on a previous post,I back chatted a police officer some years back, his attitude stank ,he even got personal with me, I think some officers need training on how to address the general public,maybe they do get it, but on some it don’t work, I have great respect for coppers, only had a problem with that one.actually there were two of them, but he was the one who gave me a lot of personal gob.

The other one was dealing with a neighbour who was being held in the back of the police car.
A case of 'Good cop, Bad cop' pauline....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-07-2021, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
These things have always been in existence. Due to population increase, there will naturally be a larger number of such incidences. What is unclear is whether the proportion has changed.
Not in my school they weren't Dex....You stepped out of line and you knew about it, and then again when you got home when your dad found out about it....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

28-07-2021, 11:30 AM

A case of 'Good cop, Bad cop' pauline....

Indeed, OGF, always a few bad apples.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-07-2021, 11:35 AM

Indeed, OGF, always a few bad apples.
Sometimes you have to cut yourself a wedge of apple......I mean 'Humble Pie' pauline.... You wouldn't antagonise a wild animal would you...The copper can make life very miserable for you, so for a brief moment in time he is superior to you....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

28-07-2021, 11:41 AM

Sometimes you have to cut yourself a wedge of apple......I mean 'Humble Pie' pauline.... You wouldn't antagonise a wild animal would you...The copper can make life very miserable for you, so for a brief moment in time he is superior to you....
He can’t be superior to me, but for a brief moment he has authority over me, Never superiority, not in a million years,

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top