Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:06 AM

Re: Frustrated even in death.

A strange topic. The only thing I'd be frustrated about in death is dying!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
My inclination at the moment is to leave at least half of my estate for the benefit of British Muslims who seem to need all the help they can get to offset the fear, hate, intolerance, xenophobia and discrimination heaped upon them.

And the other 25 cents?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 10:37 AM

Sad to die so bitter but I would guess thinking she had thwarted her relatives actually made her happy so perhaps she died happy rather than bitter.

I very much believe people should be allowed to leave their money to whoever they wish and if she didn't want them to have it then it should (if replaced) go either into the public purse or charity. That way she gets part of her wish.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 10:45 AM

A sad way to leave this world , to be angry and bitter in life must be toxic. Surely a lesson to be learned there.

My children's grandmother was offered the help of her financial advisor son in law to help write her will so the grandchildren would benefit after she died , her original will written 30 years earlier . In the original will she had left the 5 grandchildren £1000 each . Son in law could see that making a new will was advisable , grandmothers reply was it was too much trouble , even though he would have given good clear advice . ( a good family man and trustworthy ) when grandma died there was so much money her daughter and son inherited the bulk , the grandchildren got their £1000 each and the government received £140,000 .

Had she been more thoughtful her grandchildren who loved her very much could have had more help in life with a bit more security .

To think the government benefitted more than her loving grandchildren is a difficult one .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 11:03 AM

To pay that much in Inheritance tax the estate must have been very large
She should have heeded the advice and put some money in trust for her grandchildren .
The thing is that as people get older they feel they are losing control and the last thing they have to control is their savings .
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 11:36 AM

My money is in a trust, so when I die it will go to my three children, any money I have in my personal account will be devided between my grandchildren. Saying that, I've yet to make a will. Must get round to it some time.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 11:43 AM

My sister who is an alcoholic and has alienated most of the family says she's leaving her properties and millions to North Korea! Having driven me to a nervous breakdown through her nastiness I can't say I'm bothered but, my kids could really benefit from being left a little money.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 06:25 PM

I hate money. I absolutely despise it, for what it does to people. It breaks relationships and families.

When I was growing up my Mum and Dad had very little money. Just enough to pay the bills and feed us. But you know what - we were all HAPPY and GENUINE people. There were no false pretenses.

When I married Jim my life changed in the way that his life revolved around money. He had to earn more each year or he was a failure in his opinion. Don't get me wrong I loved him and the main reason he had such an urge to make money was so that he could give me and his children the best life possible.

The end result though is that I'm on my own with a massive bank balance and very little else.

I've got my daughter and grandchildren, but I would have had them regardless of our financial situation!!

I know it is something I shouldn't be frivolous about as there are people who would love to be in my situation, but I honestly feel that money is a curse.

With regards to that story, who knows why she tried to destroy all her money. Maybe it was because her mental capacity was diminished and she simply went crazy, or maybe she wanted to spare her heirs from being burdened with it all.

I've left a good deal of mine to charities and the rest to my daughter and grandchildren. They can do what they like with it.

I'll be dead anyway, so why worry about it right?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top