Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 05:12 PM

Dealing with the DWP.

Hi

I am no idiot, but dealing with these people is a nightmare.

I was due my old age pension last December.

You do not get it automatically, you have to apply for it, which I did.

Two weeks before it was due, I then got a letter asking for details of any divorces, a right pain, as my last ex had taken all the paperwork.

This has been banging back and forth since last December, they denied having any claim, etc etc.

Eventually I got an offer to pay the Pension on a delayed basis, an extra £10.35 a week, subject of course to tax on that amount.

No chance of accepting that.

Finally sorted out this afternoon after loads of bother.

I get it back dated for 49 weeks, which is a nice lump paid in.

I do worry about those who find it difficult to deal with them.

One down, one to go.

That one is a battle with the Civil Service, going back 30 odd years when I was transferred from one Department to another for a time.

Not a huge amount, but worth having.

Who on earth keeps payslips from 30 years ago?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 05:19 PM

Re: Dealing with the DWP.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am no idiot, but dealing with these people is a nightmare.

I was due my old age pension last December.

You do not get it automatically, you have to apply for it, which I did.

Two weeks before it was due, I then got a letter asking for details of any divorces, a right pain, as my last ex had taken all the paperwork.

This has been banging back and forth since last December, they denied having any claim, etc etc.

Eventually I got an offer to pay the Pension on a delayed basis, an extra £10.35 a week, subject of course to tax on that amount.

No chance of accepting that.

Finally sorted out this afternoon after loads of bother.

I get it back dated for 49 weeks, which is a nice lump paid in.

I do worry about those who find it difficult to deal with them.

One down, one to go.

That one is a battle with the Civil Service, going back 30 odd years when I was transferred from one Department to another for a time.

Not a huge amount, but worth having.

Who on earth keeps payslips from 30 years ago?

Oooohhh wasn't that during the premiership of that evil witch thatcher(phth, phth, phth) ??? - just shows what an incompetent, ignorant scumbag she and the rest of the 'nasty party' were and still are!!!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 05:27 PM

Nice to see you back UJ.

My Husband will be getting his first Pension in December 2 weeks after his birthday, I still got another 3.5 years to go yet.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oooohhh wasn't that during the premiership of that evil witch thatcher(phth, phth, phth) ??? - just shows what an incompetent, ignorant scumbag she and the rest of the 'nasty party' were and still are!!!
Hi

The point that I was making UJ is how difficult it is for many to deal with the DWP, irrespective of who is in Government.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The point that I was making UJ is how difficult it is for many to deal with the DWP, irrespective of who is in Government.

Some of us (voluntarily) did that on behalf of our Law centre clients, and provided free of charge and again voluntarily representation at Social Security Tribunal hearings too.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

28-11-2017, 06:09 PM

Hi

I have finally got the letter.

I have my Old Age Pension, due last December, backdated and part paid into my Bank tomorrow, the rest will be paid in on the 13th December.

This has taken 19 letters and slightly over 27 hours on the phone.

I am no idiot, but it was so, so difficult.

I seriously worry about those less fortunate than myself.

I am not reliant upon my State Pension, but for those who are reliant on Benefits of any kind, they would be in the hands of the money lenders now.

There is something seriously wrong with the system, I am not exactly described as vulnerable, but those who are we do not look after.

I have one more Pension to resolve, not a huge one, but I will not be giving up on it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top