Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 05:06 PM

Re: Tories and Labour.

Whichever mod removed UJ's post ... thank you.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 05:48 PM

I second that
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Whichever mod removed UJ's post ... thank you.
I wish I'd seen it!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 06:32 PM

UJ - If you have a problem with a moderator action, you may make a complaint to the Admin directly by using the Feedback section.
Thank you
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
As most of you know I seldom post in this Section, for very good reason. Also I'm not really into Politics, BUT, for a long time now I've been reading all the, some bashing, some nit picking, some pure nasty posts about the two sides. I'll probably get chewed for this, BUT, I really want to know.......
....started by one person who daily doses of spiteful childish monotonous phrases have lead to retaliation by others .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 07:13 PM

Just my four penn'orth, but I'd rather see all posts, even any that are intended to offend me personally if such exist. I can take it!

Perhaps I'm unique, but I am quite capable of scrolling past such posts if necessary or, on very rare occasions, putting the poster on 'ignore'. Alternatively, I may like to challenge the poster, hopefully avoiding any ad hominem attacks.

My suggestion to those who are easily offended is to simply scroll past any post they find unacceptable and refuse to become involved, or even avoid completely any thread that they don't like.

I suppose another alternative would be to have a separate sub-forum where 'anything goes'. Didn't we once have such a thing?
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Just my four penn'orth, but I'd rather see all posts, even any that are intended to offend me personally if such exist. I can take it!

Perhaps I'm unique, but I am quite capable of scrolling past such posts if necessary or, on very rare occasions, putting the poster on 'ignore'. Alternatively, I may like to challenge the poster, hopefully avoiding any ad hominem attacks.

My suggestion to those who are easily offended is to simply scroll past any post they find unacceptable and refuse to become involved, or even avoid completely any thread that they don't like.

I suppose another alternative would be to have a separate sub-forum where 'anything goes'. Didn't we once have such a thing?
you don't know what your talking about,,,those easily offended,dosent even come into it.how dose one know if they are offended,unless they read it,,,silly man
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-11-2017, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
you don't know what your talking about,,,those easily offended,dosent even come into it.how dose one know if they are offended,unless they read it,,,silly man
Here's a fine example of what I mean about not being offended by personal attacks!

I can take it!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 07:31 PM

Yes we did once have a section like that several years ago, and as Morty said in another thread......The blood is still running down the walls, and we lost several members, and the survivors had a lot of wounds to lick. Not a good idea to go there again IMO...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 07:42 PM

Here's a fine example of what I mean about not being offended by personal attacks!

I can take it!
No you can't but you like to dish it out.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top