Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 06:48 AM

Re: Freeze on benefits yet again

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Here too although I don't really understand why. I thought the NHS dentists just claimed the balance from the government anyway. I might be wrong but that's how I have always understood it. Of course even NHS treatment is not actually free if you are not on benefits.
No it's not .
But more and more dentist don't take NHS patients on their books.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
My Son lost his job a while ago due to cut backs. He is on Jobseekers Allowance and I can assure you he is neither on drugs or buying alcohol. NOR, is he as you put it a lazy barsteward. He's too busy trying to keep a roof over his head and feed his son, along with applying for every damn job that he can.
Don't you dare paint everyone on this Benefit with the same brush. Because they certainly are not.
Well first off let me say I was made redundant 3 times in my working life and straight away went down the local job agency and signed with them and was working again within days. I also went out and bought a treble 8ft ladder and went round all my area asking people did they require a window cleaner and built up a small round to pay my bills . Having a couple of kids and wife I could not at the time bring myself to walk into a benefits office and scrounge like the rest. I was brought up rough and I knew how to earn and not live off others. Also the benefit places in Peckham and Camberwell were full of blacks junkies and alcoholics and no way was I gonna sit amongst them lazy beggars and become one of them. I may not have earned alot working agency but it was better than nowt and I had my pride. That also put me first on the list when it came to getting another job within these companys I was doing agency work for. One morning I went into Spicers (office equipment suppliers) to drive one of their wagons and make deliveries around Thamemead and Plumstead as I walked through the yard there was not one 71/2 tonner there I was given the keys/paperwork and went straight back out into the yard got in the wagon went out and drove a rigid 16 tonner all week doing the deliveries. No way way I gonna lose a weeks pay by telling them I was not licenced to drive anything over a 71/2 and I made sure when I got to the agency that I got paid the correct money.
So I have no sympathy for anyone living off benefits unless they are disabled. In most cases this they cannot help (I now know this personally).

U/J.
Has for the list of benefits Uncle Joe out of that list I recieve DLA. I had a mororbility car for 3 years and found that I lost all my DLA Allowance paying for it and I still had the running costs to pay for.
So after being contracted for those 3 years I got rid of the car and started getting my allowance back and I went out and bought a car for £1900 02 model had it for over 3 years now and I am saving a small fortume.
I have the Blue Badge and it certainly comes in handy around Essex. A council which are so good to disabled drivers imo especially after living in SE London for 40 odd years and seeing what they do to disabled drivers.
I was given a disabled bus pass that I have not yet used mainly because I drive everywhere due to my low immune system, to many bugs on bus's.
Has for the other benefits I do not require them plus my wife earns over the magical figure of £16000 a year which stops me claiming any of them anyways.
Like you I own my own property so I only have council tax payments and heating bills.
I will be 65 next year and I am hoping to be better off with my state pension rather than this incapacity ben: crap.
Hey I may even be allowed a heating allowance.
Wow I can't wait life is gonna start looking rosier when I retire, or is it.? ..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 09:34 AM

Having now lived only a few days right among the poorer families here, the ones homeless so shoved into B&B accommodation I'm even more on ujs side in this. It's appalling how we treat disabled and yes they deserve more that shouldn't affect what we do to help those can't work for other reasons. One main reason I've seen is no fixed abode, no shower no decent clothes, they are just unemployable, if they had the money that could all be fixed. The parents can't afford on £7.50 an hour to pay £9 an hour for their kids to be looked after. The families and singles unable to earn enough to actually pay the enormous rents, but needing to stay in this area because they have work.

We have a busted system not just benefits but housing and wages and it all needs fixing.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Well first off let me say I was made redundant 3 times in my working life and straight away went down the local job agency and signed with them and was working again within days. I also went out and bought a treble 8ft ladder and went round all my area asking people did they require a window cleaner and built up a small round to pay my bills . Having a couple of kids and wife I could not at the time bring myself to walk into a benefits office and scrounge like the rest. I was brought up rough and I knew how to earn and not live off others. Also the benefit places in Peckham and Camberwell were full of blacks junkies and alcoholics and no way was I gonna sit amongst them lazy beggars and become one of them. I may not have earned alot working agency but it was better than nowt and I had my pride. That also put me first on the list when it came to getting another job within these companys I was doing agency work for. One morning I went into Spicers (office equipment suppliers) to drive one of their wagons and make deliveries around Thamemead and Plumstead as I walked through the yard there was not one 71/2 tonner there I was given the keys/paperwork and went straight back out into the yard got in the wagon went out and drove a rigid 16 tonner all week doing the deliveries. No way way I gonna lose a weeks pay by telling them I was not licenced to drive anything over a 71/2 and I made sure when I got to the agency that I got paid the correct money.
So I have no sympathy for anyone living off benefits unless they are disabled. In most cases this they cannot help (I now know this personally).

U/J.
Has for the list of benefits Uncle Joe out of that list I recieve DLA. I had a mororbility car for 3 years and found that I lost all my DLA Allowance paying for it and I still had the running costs to pay for.
So after being contracted for those 3 years I got rid of the car and started getting my allowance back and I went out and bought a car for £1900 02 model had it for over 3 years now and I am saving a small fortume.
I have the Blue Badge and it certainly comes in handy around Essex. A council which are so good to disabled drivers imo especially after living in SE London for 40 odd years and seeing what they do to disabled drivers.
I was given a disabled bus pass that I have not yet used mainly because I drive everywhere due to my low immune system, to many bugs on bus's.
Has for the other benefits I do not require them plus my wife earns over the magical figure of £16000 a year which stops me claiming any of them anyways.
Like you I own my own property so I only have council tax payments and heating bills.
I will be 65 next year and I am hoping to be better off with my state pension rather than this incapacity ben: crap.
Hey I may even be allowed a heating allowance.
Wow I can't wait life is gonna start looking rosier when I retire, or is it.? ..

First off, you're a prat!!! - consider yourself lucky you didn't have an accident or get stopped by the Police - what you were doing, and you knew full well, was illegal. Had you been stopped, the Police would have thrown the book at you and rightly so!!!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 10:50 AM

Yeh well obviously coming from a plonker like yourself I suppose that is true.
Carry on moaning you old bugger.
Of course you have never broke a law in your life.
Welcome to the real world pal.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 11:11 AM

I do find it obvious that the government would opt to bury this news after the Royal wedding announcement.

What I don't get is all the palaver over the Royal wedding itself. Who Cares? Not I, but it's clogging up all the news sources.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top