Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 11:40 AM

Another nail in the coffin lid???

The entire Social Mobility Commission board have resigned en-masse because there is "little hope of improving social mobility in the foreseeable future".

Remember what May said when she became Prime Minister ??? - She committed the scumbag 'nasty party' to improve social mobility. Yet another promise falls by the wayside!!!

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/12/0...3D234292583_uk
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 12:02 PM

Re: Another nail in the coffin lid???

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The entire Social Mobility Commission board have resigned en-masse because there is "little hope of improving social mobility in the foreseeable future".

Remember what May said when she became Prime Minister ??? - She committed the scumbag 'nasty party' to improve social mobility. Yet another promise falls by the wayside!!!

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/12/0...3D234292583_uk
Hi

A simple reminder UJ.

Under your favourite Communist System there is absolutely no Social Mobility unless you are a Party Member.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 03:43 PM

This was always gonna happen and all because the UK is without a working class party to back them. Gone are the days when you could pop along to the shops or the pub and see your local MP's and councillors using the same shops as you or I. They are all living out in the countryside these days far away from their constiuants they have no idea of the local hardships. Yes they may have a office in the high street but apart from the odd hour or so where they have to listen to the constituants problems they really do not have any idea.
I don't only lay the blame at Conservatives door Labour and Liberals are all the same its hard to tell one from the other these days.
+++++++++++++

Theresa May has been dealt a fresh blow as the board of the Government's Social Mobility Commission quit in protest at the lack of progress towards a "fairer Britain".
Alan Milburn, the former Labour minister who heads the commission, said he had "little hope" the current Government was capable of making the changes necessary to deliver a more equal society.
He was joined in walking out by his three fellow commissioners, including the Conservative former cabinet minister Baroness Shephard.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/12/0.../?ncid=webmail
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
This was always gonna happen and all because the UK is without a working class party to back them. Gone are the days when you could pop along to the shops or the pub and see your local MP's and councillors using the same shops as you or I. They are all living out in the countryside these days far away from their constiuants they have no idea of the local hardships. Yes they may have a office in the high street but apart from the odd hour or so where they have to listen to the constituants problems they really do not have any idea.
I don't only lay the blame at Conservatives door Labour and Liberals are all the same its hard to tell one from the other these days.
+++++++++++++

Theresa May has been dealt a fresh blow as the board of the Government's Social Mobility Commission quit in protest at the lack of progress towards a "fairer Britain".
Alan Milburn, the former Labour minister who heads the commission, said he had "little hope" the current Government was capable of making the changes necessary to deliver a more equal society.
He was joined in walking out by his three fellow commissioners, including the Conservative former cabinet minister Baroness Shephard.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/12/0.../?ncid=webmail

Oh so wrong (yet again) my local MP (Caroline Lucas) lives further up the hill from me and I actually saw her last Friday morning as she was on the same bus as myself down into the centre of town.

I have her email address and frequently send her emails, all of which are answered, usually within 72 hours.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 05:55 PM

Am I now.

I am guessing you don't live in a rough area with concrete jungle estates all around you.

We don't all live in the Brighton area you know.

Checkout the address's of all the MP's and councillors in the big towns and cities. Not just the odd one down in a seaside resort with countryside all around.

I think you will find I am right .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 07:22 PM

Nothing more than a collection of political remoaning nonentities collectively throwing their toys out of the pram in a fit of pique, for no other reason than to embarrass the government. It's time that these pitiful politicians stopped being so bloody selfish and started backing Britain in Brexit rather than following their own selfish narrow agenda and doing all that they can to thwart the government in it's efforts.

OK Mrs May has made some mistakes but Brexit will happen regardless in 2019, and a united front will get us a much better deal, which is surely the only thing now that matters?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Nothing more than a collection of political remoaning nonentities collectively throwing their toys out of the pram in a fit of pique, for no other reason than to embarrass the government. It's time that these pitiful politicians stopped being so bloody selfish and started backing Britain in Brexit rather than following their own selfish narrow agenda and doing all that they can to thwart the government in it's efforts.

OK Mrs May has made some mistakes but Brexit will happen regardless in 2019, and a united front will get us a much better deal, which is surely the only thing now that matters?
Hi

It is a fallacy that Brexit will happen in 2019, we are asking for a Transition Deal, which means still paying in, still following EU Rules and having no say.

For all intents and purposes we will not be leaving until the end of the Transition period, whenever that is.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 08:22 PM

Some interesting comments from the t'internet:

"Theresa 's opportunities Tsar ?. Since when ? he's a Labour politician (alleged) . His one aim is to cause the government as much embarrassment as possible, by walking out he imagines that's what he's accomplished. The majority of right minded people see it as nothing more than a political ploy to cause problems. He failed in this, as he fails at being a politician"

"Social mobility introduced by labour who delivered food banks and zero hours contracts, Millburn was part of that labour government that introduced them, the same labour government who light touch financial legislation caused the recession as they praised banks and knighted bankers. Millburn is the only piggy who has got fat while social mobility failed because the labour party left a note in the Treasury telling the world there was no money. Labournomics wreck the lives of the working class while piggy labour MPs get fat on animal farm."
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is a fallacy that Brexit will happen in 2019, we are asking for a Transition Deal, which means still paying in, still following EU Rules and having no say.

For all intents and purposes we will not be leaving until the end of the Transition period, whenever that is.
But Brexit will happen, no doubt about that, and all the anti Brexit people , whether they be Politicians or general public now need to support it, get behind it and make it happen. The U K has voted to leave the E U, so get behind the P M , support her,whether you like her or not.There will be no stable Government until the U K are free of the E U now. When it is all over that will be the time to decide whether she is good for the U K and for P M, not now
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
But Brexit will happen, no doubt about that
Nope, not gonna happen.

The EU and all their puppet politicians (in both Tory and Looney Labour camps) are not going to give up the 40 years of work and effort they put into getting the UK into the EU in the first place, work they did by stealth, fraud and skulduggery, denying the electorate any referendum on whether we wanted to join back in the 70s.

All you are going to see is a complete sideshow. A rabble of misdirection and sleights of hand and lots of delaying tactics whilst they all work out how they can ignore a democratic decision without causing a civil revolution.

The "Transition period" is just a part of that stalling.

Every set of party candidates, Tory/Labour, since Ted Heath in the 70s, has imo been a stooge EU puppet placed there deliberately to ensure the EU Agenda is moved forward year on year. It never mattered who you voted for because you were always inadvertently voting for the EU. A bunch of unelected megalomaniacs on a huge gravy train.

Don't build your hopes up. I want out of the EU as much as the next sensible man, but I'm not naïve enough to believe it will ever happen.

A huge fudge is coming of epic proportions.

All manner of "events" are being dreamed up to perform the greatest magic trick in recent times. In my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top