Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:30 AM

Ice cream maker.

Would you reccomend them?

I'm fed up with the steps that it takes to make sorbet/ice cream.by hand.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:51 AM

Re: Ice cream maker.

A good one
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:53 AM

Oh lovely Pauline but I dare not buy one because I would eat it all by myself. Home made ice cream is lush
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Oh lovely Pauline but I dare not buy one because I would eat it all by myself. Home made ice cream is lush
Looking for one online,Susan...I want to wait and see if anyone on here,uses one..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Same here Susan... it would be all too tempting ...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 03:16 PM

It would be too much temptation for me too.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-11-2019, 03:35 PM

Meg/Mags...I have been waiting patiently ,for a member to reccomend an ice cream maker.

Is it possible to put this topic in general?...surely someone has got one?

I have just left a message for my friend...if she would like to go halves on buying one...as its me who makes the ice cream/sorbet for her.so it can live here with me..

She's very good to me in other ways...she will drive me anywhere.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 04:05 PM

Pauline, I have an ice cream maker with an in built freezer. I have to say, it makes the most delicious ice cream, a bit like De Di or a bit like Mr Whippy in texture.

I researched into them and was going to buy a Magimix ice cream maker but they were £250 at the time. I thought, l would look for a secondhand one.

I looked in the local paper and someone had a ICTC Gelato-Chef, for sale at £30. It wasn’t far away from me, so l want to see it. It was quite big and the lady was selling it as she was having a new kitchen and wanted to get a smaller ice cream maker.
l thought it would be too big for my kitchen, so l said, sorry l would have to leave it.

On returning home, l looked on eBay and the same model was for sale and the bidding was up to £50. I decided, l would buy the the one l viewed and not keep it in the kitchen.

Luckily, she still had it and l went back and bought it. I looked on EBay and the bidding on the Gelato- Chef there was up to £150!

As l have lots of eggs, it’s a good way to get rid of them. You boil the milk and whisk the egg yokes into it fast. Add sugar and vanilla essence or whatever flavouring or fruit, you’re going to use.
Let it cool and put it in the Gelato. It is ready in 25 minutes. I use the egg whites to make Meringues.
You can make sorbets in it too.

I wouldn’t bother with the cheap ice cream makers you put the bowl in the freezer for 24 hrs. Put the mixture in and it mixes it cos l have one and it’s rubbish.

I’d say, Magimix and Cuisinart are the best that have a freezer in them.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	6D9E392B-5E8E-4F52-908F-418A59195569.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	11109  
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-11-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, I have an ice cream maker with an in built freezer. I have to say, it makes the most delicious ice cream, a bit like De Di or a bit like Mr Whippy in texture.

I researched into them and was going to buy a Magimix ice cream maker but they were £250 at the time. I thought, l would look for a secondhand one.

I looked in the local paper and someone had a ICTC Gelato-Chef, for sale at £30. It wasn’t far away from me, so l want to see it. It was quite big and the lady was selling it as she was having a new kitchen and wanted to get a smaller ice cream maker.
l thought it would be too big for my kitchen, so l said, sorry l would have to leave it.

On returning home, l looked on eBay and the same model was for sale and the bidding was up to £50. I decided, l would buy the the one l viewed and not keep it in the kitchen.

Luckily, she still had it and l went back and bought it. I looked on EBay and the bidding on the Gelato- Chef there was up to £150!

As l have lots of eggs, it’s a good way to get rid of them. You boil the milk and whisk the egg yokes into it fast. Add sugar and vanilla essence or whatever flavouring or fruit, you’re going to use.
Let it cool and put it in the Gelato. It is ready in 25 minutes. I use the egg whites to make Meringues.
You can make sorbets in it too.

I wouldn’t bother with the cheap ice cream makers you put the bowl in the freezer for 24 hrs. Put the mixture in and it mixes it cos l have one and it’s rubbish.

I’d say, Magimix and Cuisinart are the best that have a freezer in them.

Thanks for that,Art...I have a magimix food processor,absolutely brilliant,you get what you pay for...I keep forgetting about second hand ones....some people have so much money,they buy new every year...I will look those makes up...thank you again,Art...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Thanks for that,Art...I have a magimix food processor,absolutely brilliant,you get what you pay for...I keep forgetting about second hand ones....some people have so much money,they buy new every year...I will look those makes up...thank you again,Art...

Pauline, My cakes would be nothing without the Magimix processor, It’s brilliant!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top