Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 09:43 PM

Bucket List

I went ice skating last night and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I was quite proud of myself as here I was, an almost 60 year old, skating round the arena and some of the young ones could barely move. Well it had to happen, after almost 1 and half hours skating I went for a dive on the ice, face first! I have no idea why it happened, one moment I was skating upright then next I'm on the deck!

I was a bit embarrassed but I laughed it off and told the man who rescued me that I only did it because I wanted my knight in shining armour to come rescue me (they have workers skating round to help ones who fall)

Anyway back to the Bucket List as in the title, I've decided I'm going to take skating lessons, they are reasonably priced and this is going to be the first of my bucket list ticked off.

Haven't added anything else yet but I am going to this weekend.

Have you made a bucket list, if so, what's on it? I'd love to hear.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 10:10 PM

Re: Bucket List

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Haven't added anything else yet but I am going to this weekend.

Have you made a bucket list, if so, what's on it? I'd love to hear.
LQ, nice tale.
I did ice skating in my younger years. One of my colleagues was in a hockey team and he got me into it. And I had a girl friend who was an expert. She had fun at my expense...........

Bucket list?
To have a nice house. We got there.
To travel the world? Did that. I think about 30 countries.

On my list was to get a dog and a camera. Those are done too.

Difficult to add to that.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 11:53 PM

Good for you LQ .
I think ice skating is lovely .
My bucket list - have done most things in life travelled too much .Now would just like to achieve peace and serenity.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 11:56 PM

There were only three things on my bucket list -

To go to India
To go up in a hot air balloon
and
To fly in a Tiger Moth

Done all three!!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 12:58 AM

The 4 top items on my bucket list were:
1.) To circle the globe
2.) To spend a month in Egypt touring the great monuments
3.) To live in southeast Asia
4.) To build my own house with my own hands

Done all 4

Remaining ?

To go hang-gliding in Hawaii
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 06:29 AM

Climb Everest, swim the Nile, play all of Bach's preludes and fugues on classical guitar and learn to come to terms with unrealistic expectations of myself. That aside I would really love to do a boat trip the full length of the Mississippi River. That is from Lake Itasca in Minnesota to the Delta. I have always wanted to do that and I am determined to do so before I am done.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 06:57 AM

Climbing Everest idoesnt sound like much fun Keezoy .
It booked up for years in advance and everyone makes this huge queue to the top passing dead bodies on the way .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 08:15 AM

To finish all the unfinished projects, but, that is scary, you don't have to bungee jump to feel fear.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 09:04 AM

I wanted to travel to different countries but sadly my husband didnt wouldn't and remained in his armchair so I divorced him and did it with friends . Not many because of finances but I did it at least .

I've laughed
I've loved
I've cried
I've almost died

I'm still here , but I dont have a bucket list anymore as in the last 15 years ive packed it all into my life

Each is a new day so things happen without making plans and I quite like that
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Climbing Everest idoesnt sound like much fun Keezoy .
It booked up for years in advance and everyone makes this huge queue to the top passing dead bodies on the way .
Yeah I'll give Everest a miss I think. And the Nile, and the Bach as well. But I will do the Mississippi for sure. My previous resolution was to learn how to spell it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top