Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 05:48 PM

Re: Boris Johnson photographed breaking his own government's rules on pub visit

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Its the law, and applies to Boris as much as anyone else. And maybe I'm weird, but I don't hold celebs/famous people in any high regard that I would want a photo with them anyway, but for those that do....everyone should do the right thing. I just believe he is setting a bad example for the ones who don't really need any more excuses.
I can respect your beliefs but I'm just as entitled to mine as you are yours, and I think that as per usual it's just a convenient bit of Boris-bashing for the sake of it.

There's no examples being set except to those trying a bit of Boris-bashing.
You've said yourself that you don't care about celebs etc. and TBH that goes for most people.
Good for a photo maybe but you wouldn't necessarily invite them for dinner - and you certainly wouldn't even attempt to copy what they do.
Nobody cares except those sad souls that do care, as evidenced in the way that even the usually-anti-everything media like the BBC & Sky haven't covered the story.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 06:33 PM

I just want him to do it with a mask on, and social distancing like his own law says he should!
The law also says "At any premises serving alcohol, customers will be required to order, be served and eat/drink while seated (“table service”)."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19...oors-rule-of-6

You should follow this guidance in full to limit spreading COVID-19. It is underpinned by law.
The "guidance" is issued by the Cabinet Office, i.e. the PM's office, so BJ should be aware of his own edicts .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I can respect your beliefs but I'm just as entitled to mine as you are yours, and I think that as per usual it's just a convenient bit of Boris-bashing for the sake of it.

There's no examples being set except to those trying a bit of Boris-bashing.
You've said yourself that you don't care about celebs etc. and TBH that goes for most people.
Good for a photo maybe but you wouldn't necessarily invite them for dinner - and you certainly wouldn't even attempt to copy what they do.
Nobody cares except those sad souls that do care, as evidenced in the way that even the usually-anti-everything media like the BBC & Sky haven't covered the story.
I'm not bashing your view, Zaphod, of course you are entitled to say what you think - that is the point of a forum after all I'm not particularly anti-Boris (nor am I a fan) I just believe he should walk the talk. I haven't even looked to see if the media picked up on it....if they haven't, that is very interesting....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 06:46 PM

I'd like to meet Boris in a pub .... so long as he knows it's his round.

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'd like to meet Boris in a pub .... so long as he knows it's his round.

I imagine he would be quite good company after a few pints!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 01:54 PM

BJ's been at it again:

Boris Johnson accused of breaking Covid rules celebrating election with pint inside pub

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...covid-24095070

Pub landlords were left furious after photos emerged of the Prime Minister inside Hartlepool's Jackson's Wharf Inn, pulling a pint alongside newly elected MP Jill Mortimer.

He visited the pub for around 45 minutes on Friday, after posing for photos with Ms Mortimer on the city’s Marina.

Pubs are still banned from serving customers indoors until Friday - and even then, customers and staff will be required to wear face coverings when moving around the venue.
Yummy Pub Co’s Tim Foster said: “Day in, day out my team manage with these god-awful restrictions. These two rock up for a photo opportunity and disregard everything we’ve been doing. Cheers."

Chris Tulloch, founder of pub chain Blind Tiger Ins, added: “Spent the day doing the following: Fixing weather damaged marquees, investing in new tablets for table service for wet led pubs, completing the risk assessment for indoor opening. Get home and 'here’s a pic of the PM without a mask”'.
To misplace a mask once may be regarded as a misfortune; to misplace another looks like arrogance.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

13-05-2021, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
BJ's been at it again:

Boris Johnson accused of breaking Covid rules celebrating election with pint inside pub

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...covid-24095070

To misplace a mask once may be regarded as a misfortune; to misplace another looks like arrogance.
I agree - and even the woman isn't wearing one. I despair, I really do. For someone who "had covid" (which I doubt 100%) he....oh I give up. I have no words.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

13-05-2021, 05:19 PM

I agree - and even the woman isn't wearing one. I despair, I really do. For someone who "had covid" (which I doubt 100%) he....oh I give up. I have no words.
The barman (I think it is) has made sure that he's standing well back and masked, though .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

13-05-2021, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
The barman (I think it is) is standing well back and masked, though .....
Oh I thought he was a customer being sensible, haha! Or maybe just not a Boris fan

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top