Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 11:25 AM

Re: Sleaze inquiry into Boris Johnson’s £15,000 Mustique holiday is still ongoing

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Do MPs and PMs have to disclose if they are members of the freemasons?
Hi

Nope.

Freemasons are a fact of life.

Never been a member of an organisation which excludes ladies.

They are simply wrong, want nothing to do with them.

Having a pair of testicles does not make you a better being than ladies.

The hand shake?

That just means trouble, I want nothing to do with them at all.

Sorry to be so blunt, just think they are sad gits.

I will never understand females, that does not mean that they are lesser beings, just mysterious, different people.

I cannot see the difference between one shade of white to another.

I just go for the cheapest.

I always lose, but such is life.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 12:06 PM

Re: Sleaze inquiry into Boris Johnson’s £15,000 Mustique holiday is still ongoing

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...ation-24075543

New transparency rules today meant the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards has revealed she is investigating the Prime Minister for a possible breach of the MPs' Code of Conduct.
It comes a year and five months after he and Carrie Symonds enjoyed a trip to the elite island of Mustique - the funding of which has not been fully clear.

The investigation is likely to raise fresh questions about whether Mr Johnson is relying on friends and allies to maintain his lifestyle.

Mr Johnson and Miss Symonds, who announced their engagement less than three months later, stayed on a villa on the island, part of St Vincent and the Grenadines, between Boxing Day and January 5, 2020.

The Moroccan-style stone villa had six double bedrooms, three private swimming pools, two bars, a library and four dedicated staff - a butler, chef, gardener and housekeeper.

Millionaire Tory leader Mr Johnson also enjoyed three ornamental ponds, a gazebo and three 4x4s to explore the 1,400-acre private island - a haunt of celebs and the royal family.

Ongoing ....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 02:29 PM

Hi

I really am not bothered as long as they declare it.

If they don't I am bothered.

I have sacked a few, much lower down, for not declaring gifts.

We all make mistakes, that is life.

Acknowledging them and letting the Boss know is fine.

Concealing it is not.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 02:52 PM

Borrowed from comments elsewhere:

"The PM recorded it as a gift from Carphone Warehouse David Ross, who owns a villa on the island.

Mr Ross said he “facilitated” the trip but said the declaration to the House of Commons was "correct."

A spokesman for David Ross said: "Mr Ross facilitated accommodation for Mr Johnson on Mustique valued at £15,000.

Therefore this is a benefit in kind from Mr Ross to Mr Johnson, and Mr Johnson's declaration to the House of Commons is correct."

Boris said it was Ross and recorded it.

Ross said he facilitated the accommodation and so the record is accurate.

Yet there is an investigation."

If any of that is incorrect please do point it out?
Because I'll be blowed if I can see it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Let's be honest.

The real crime here is that pair of swim trunks.

With a dress shirt tucked in.
absolutely SM,I bet he is wearing socks with his sandals too
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
absolutely SM,I bet he is wearing socks with his sandals too
Presumably he hasn't got a knotted handkerchief on his head because he's still got a full thatch (and blond is good for reflection ..... ) .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 04:39 PM

Judging by the very recent national election results most people couldn't give a tinkers cuss about very trivial possible discrepancies in his life in view of his very good performance where things that matter are concerned!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

10-05-2021, 05:20 PM

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-joh...liday-12302604

Reacting to the news, Labour deputy leader Angela Rayner said: "Another day, another investigation into Boris Johnson for more sleaze and dodgy dealings. The public have a right to know who paid for Boris Johnson's luxury Caribbean holiday and the renovation of his flat. Most importantly, we need to know what these donors were promised or expected in return for their generosity. As we have seen over the last year, Tory donors have received a very high return on their investment in the form of government contracts. Boris Johnson needs to stop using the office of prime minister as an opportunity to fund his lavish lifestyle and enrich his mates."
Well said, but BJ's predilections will not change .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

The labour party are a glorified students union.

The people don't want to listen to them anymore.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

That's a bit of a hypocritical comment, coming from a Party who's financial support comes mainly from the big unions. One wonders what favours they extract.
Or perhaps the Left have forgotten the the degree of control exerted by Len McCluskey over the last Leader of the Labour Party.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top