Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 11:49 AM

Re: Great british rail ??

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Maybe Boris is trying to copy what is happening in Scotland?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-56432919
Sounds like Scotland is ahead of UK on this Scot !
But what's being done in UK seems to be a way to remove all liabilities
from the private entities and transfer them to the tax payer ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The problem with all our transport systems is that they are run for profit rather than providing a decent affordable way of getting around the Country and getting to work on time.
👍👍👍!!

D man! 🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

20-05-2021, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
I remember using the BR when it was govt owned - the only decent service was first class the rest was crap - what has changed - why can't the brits run a service equitable to ECCU or Japan?

I remember using it 70 years ago and it was crap then!!
It never changed Bret !!
It got worse !!!

Donkeyman! 😭😭
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

20-05-2021, 11:57 AM

they are run by morons with morons on board serving the great british public - what a travesty! I know why I left!
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

20-05-2021, 11:59 AM

how come that ex-pollie can make it look so seamless?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 12:04 PM

Scotrail & Network Rail are one of these rare companies that are notoriously hard to get into, but once you are in, its a job for life. This does, however, encourage nepotism to the nth degree, but as companies, they do care about employee and customer welfare. I would love a job with either of them *sigh*
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 12:12 PM

I used to use trains a lot but now they are are way out of my reach. Disgusting when you get priced off so called public transport.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 12:35 PM

There is another argument for renationalising. The current companies running the railways are all heavily subsidised by the state.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 03:19 PM

I saw an interview on BBC news this morning with the leader of one of the rail unions. Bare in mind that the White Paper on this subject has yet to be published and the union bloke was already saying that it will lead to longer hours, lower pay, fewer workers, permanent night/weekend working and we'll fight it all the way - including strike action. Well, bugger me, let's see what the document says first before calling for strikes, shall we?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

20-05-2021, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I saw an interview on BBC news this morning with the leader of one of the rail unions. Bare in mind that the White Paper on this subject has yet to be published and the union bloke was already saying that it will lead to longer hours, lower pay, fewer workers, permanent night/weekend working and we'll fight it all the way - including strike action. Well, bugger me, let's see what the document says first before calling for strikes, shall we?
I should'nt worry about union strikes too much Percy ?
These modern unions only strike on a bank holiday so the workers
don't lose any pay ??
But l agree with your sentiments !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top