Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 07:28 PM

Re: Taxpayer still liable for Eurostar ??

Taxpayer?

My old Pa said, son in this world, nothing is certain except death and taxes.

So I lived my life, best I can, evading death, avoiding some tax along the way too.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I'm confused. Since when has train operator Southeastern had anything to do with Eurostar?
South-Eastern are compensated due to the company having to give way on it's own trains running to allow a Eurostar service to run. For a Eurostar train to be able to run on the line, an existing South-Eastern service has to give way, meaning South Eastern lose money from that train running.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
South-Eastern are compensated due to the company having to give way on it's own trains running to allow a Eurostar service to run. For a Eurostar train to be able to run on the line, an existing South-Eastern service has to give way, meaning South Eastern lose money from that train running.
Seems obvious the way you put it Dodge !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Thanks for that Dodge but even that doesn't mean Southeastern should cough up to help Eurostar.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 05:21 PM

Thanks for that Dodge but even that doesn't mean Southeastern should cough up to help Eurostar.

Good point
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 07:44 PM

Quite right Percy !!
Why should they ??

Donkeyman! 👍👍

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top