Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 04:02 PM

When will GPs, dentists, Councils get back to normal?

You can’t get to see our GP for weeks, it’s all phone consultations. The dentist might as well close for good as nobody can get an appointment. Our local council .... they’re all working from home. WHY? My neighbour works for the council as an advisor on trees and he is working from home! 😂😂

Shop workers, all the tradesmen, hairdressers, etc are all working so why are they any different?

My acupuncurist is working and she takes strict precautions and requires patients to do the same and she can’t understand why GPs aren’t seeing people.

I don’t believe that any dentist or doctor would not get their washing machine or cooker fixed by a tradesman coming to their house and they wouldn’t refuse to get their hair cut.

It’s madness to me.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 04:04 PM

Re: When will GPs, dentists, Councils get back to normal?

Normal as we knew it has gone for ever.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Normal as we knew it has gone for ever.
Yep, unless you go private.

If you ring doctors surgery and get recorded message informing you are number something in queue and to hang on be prepared to be cut off when you think you might be through with another recorded message, ' sorry there are no operators available to take your call'. No good for blood pressure.

Best to hang up if phone not answered, was number 4 waited 10 minutes and was really p****d off.

Making a small fortune out of this no doubt.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Yep, unless you go private.
And the problem with that is?

We've subscribed to private health care for just under 55 years. It's really affordable for most people and do VERY much better than the NHS.

A great many folk buy a minimum coverage package and either back it up with the NHS or save a few quid a month in bonds to fund major work.

Criticise us as you want but we are actually taking a bit of load off the NHS for which we should be getting a tax rebate.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 11:36 AM

The NHS has serious hygiene issues and is overwhelmed at 40%. We really need to sort it out
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

05-06-2021, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The NHS has serious hygiene issues and is overwhelmed at 40%. We really need to sort it out
Hardly surprising with all the foreigners employed. Especially those who refuse to use alcohol hand gel.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Hardly surprising with all the foreigners employed. Especially those who refuse to use alcohol hand gel.

Yep
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 05:58 PM

In answer to the question...no, I don't think the regular services will ever be resumed. Its all very well going private for healthcare, but how to do that with council services?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 06:04 PM

My neighbour told me this afternoon that her friend didn't feel well recently. The GP wouldn't see her, and next day her family found her laying on the ground in her garden! She'd had a stroke!

I haven't the words to tell you how shameful and dangerous all this telephone consult rubbish is.
I can't see why it is still so necessary if both parties have had both jabs and both wear masks.

Says a lot for their faith in the vaccine don't it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 06:07 PM

Exactly! I was at the chemist yesterday to collect medication. 14 people were before me and they were only letting in one at a time! All staff had apparently been vaccinated

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top