Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 04:16 PM

Re: A Question of Trust.

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The G7 is a complete waste of time.

There are nine people present (why ?) and after flying in to Cornwall with their private jets they tell everyone else not to travel etc.

They are all clowns at the circus ... no masks inside, no social distancing and yet the UK is having the lockdown extended.

Cretins !
I agree, even HMQ went by train to St Austell.

I was wondering why the likes of Ursula VdL and that other EU President were there fore-square in the centre of things when they don't even represent a sovereign nation.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well for example someone who doesn't want to have a car crash will stick to the rules of the road. The same is the case with business. You can take short cuts or drive like a fool because it's "dog eat dog" but the other drivers will think you are an idiot and avoid you.
Not a good analogy. What about the driver who doesn't stick to the road.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not a good analogy. What about the driver who doesn't stick to the road.
You don't take a ferrari cross country or drag racing. You need to know your strengths and limitations as a nation. Luckily plenty of people in the UK understand this.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I agree, even HMQ went by train to St Austell.

I was wondering why the likes of Ursula VdL and that other EU President were there fore-square in the centre of things when they don't even represent a sovereign nation.
They might want to have a word with Merkel about her coal fired power stations as well.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 05:57 PM

You don't take a ferrari cross country or drag racing. You need to know your strengths and limitations as a nation. Luckily plenty of people in the UK understand this.
Rules are for fools. If I had stuck to "the rules" today I would probably be living in a nice 3 bed semi in a not bad district of a nice town. I'd have a newish car sat outside, a few quid set aside and existing.

But I have NEVER abided by rules or laws, or only those that I could not avoid such as council tax..

As it is --- I'm not.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 06:23 PM

Rules are for fools. If I had stuck to "the rules" today I would probably be living in a nice 3 bed semi in a not bad district of a nice town. I'd have a newish car sat outside, a few quid set aside and existing.

But I have NEVER abided by rules or laws, or only those that I could not avoid such as council tax..

As it is --- I'm not.
As it is you're in Suffolk? Is that a good outcome?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-06-2021, 06:35 PM

As it is you're in Suffolk? Is that a good outcome?
All in all I would say a VERY good outcome!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-06-2021, 07:28 PM

All in all I would say a VERY good outcome!
Were it a good outcome one would think you might be happier and not always complaining
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-06-2021, 08:27 PM

Were it a good outcome one would think you might be happier and not always complaining
But commenting on life, the universe, and everything is hardly complaining!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 09:58 PM

Yes, and its a job that needs to be done, no complaints from me, respect for your energy.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top