Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 02:16 PM

Re: Border Farce acting illegally

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Unless the Labour party can get a leader that is likeable, I foresee the next election being a coalition because many people will hit the Conservatives where it hurts due to two issues, the mess of getting brexit finalised and more importantly, the issue over illegal migrants.

For years groups have been voicing concerns over lack of affordable housing for the next generations of young adults growing up and leaving the family home to start a new life so the government brings in procedures to bet more affordable housing built but what happens, as these houses are being built, illegal migrants in their thousands cross the English channel all claiming asylum. The government fails to deal with the issue with the result being these illegal immigrants have to be housed somewhere meaning local councils have been forced to use old military barracks, hotels and yes you guessed it, social housing. Housing that is meant to go to the citizens of the UK are being used to house illegal immigrants.

I have no doubt there are young adults up and down the country who are extremely frustrated at not being able to find a place to live, saying to their parents 'look mum/dad, I've tried, there is just no affordable places'. These parents will see how hopeless the situation is and thus blame the government and come the next election, these parents will be doubting if they should vote for the Conservatives again.

So, unless the Labour party gets a leader that resonates with the public, the Conservatives will win again but not by a huge majority and will be a coalition again.
I agree. Where do the Frogs house all their illegal immigrants?

Well, why can't we do the same? There's being British and 'playing the white man' but not when it impacts on our own people.

And yes, I believe it will be a coalition after 2024, but I wonder who will be occupying the seats.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
They won't know what hit them when you awake them rudely, JBR.
Sadly, I have only one vote.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

19-06-2021, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Patel is an absolute nightmare, the worst Home Secretary ever.

It is not impossible to deal with illegals, but she has stopped them being returned.
Give her her due, though. She's very good at talking.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

19-06-2021, 02:21 PM

Hi

I have to disagree.

The last decent Home Secretary was Labour.

David Blunkett, 20 years ago.

Very supportive, put the money in for joint working and illegals, if they managed to land, where very quickly dealt with.

Yes, May was a nightmare, but things got worse under Patel.

Boris is also a nightmare, he wanted to give an amnesty to all illegals.

We do not even keep records of incomers and leavers, which is a complete nonsense.

We do not track down overstayers and there are hundreds of thousands of those.

We are the worst in Europe for Border Control.
I agree. Blunkett had more foresight than all of those MPs who could actually see.
Of course, that was in the days when the Labour party had some decent MPs.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 02:27 PM

Hi

I have to disagree.

The last decent Home Secretary was Labour.

David Blunkett, 20 years ago.

Very supportive, put the money in for joint working and illegals, if they managed to land, where very quickly dealt with.

Yes, May was a nightmare, but things got worse under Patel.

Boris is also a nightmare, he wanted to give an amnesty to all illegals.

We do not even keep records of incomers and leavers, which is a complete nonsense.

We do not track down overstayers and there are hundreds of thousands of those.

We are the worst in Europe for Border Control.
She could not do any better as you well know, or SHOULD know by now for the reasons that have been gone through with you many times in the past.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
We call it "border farce" in this thread, Cinderella.

Not really much they can do, just following orders. If you can't beat them, join them.

Have relatives in Kent who believe the numbers arriving are higher than reported.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

19-06-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Not really much they can do, just following orders. If you can't beat them, join them.

Have relatives in Kent who believe the numbers arriving are higher than reported.
Of course. The government is hardly likely to permit actual numbers to be reported. Those they admit to are bad enough anyway.

I don't know why, but anyone would think that they're hoping to lose the next GE!
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

I live there and I can tell you the county is struggling. Dover has been swamped, Whitstable, Sheerness, Herne Bay have seen hundreds of illegals come ashore in rubber boats. All social housing has been used up because the KCC council have to house them somewhere. Hotels are full, plus now the holiday season is upon us, the hotels have started to kick out the illegals so holiday makers can use the hotels. This has meant hundreds of illegals walking the streets, begging for money and just basically causing a nuisance.

Whilst us in Kent already knew before the rest of the country did, now the rest of the country knows due to the tabloids that KCC council can no longer take child refugees because the council no longer have the space, resources or money to take them in, something they warned the Home Office months ago hence why they are taking the Home Office to court.

It's a mess down here. Anyone thinking of moving to Kent...DONT.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:48 PM

I live there and I can tell you the county is struggling. Dover has been swamped, Whitstable, Sheerness, Herne Bay have seen hundreds of illegals come ashore in rubber boats. All social housing has been used up because the KCC council have to house them somewhere. Hotels are full, plus now the holiday season is upon us, the hotels have started to kick out the illegals so holiday makers can use the hotels. This has meant hundreds of illegals walking the streets, begging for money and just basically causing a nuisance.

Whilst us in Kent already knew before the rest of the country did, now the rest of the country knows due to the tabloids that KCC council can no longer take child refugees because the council no longer have the space, resources or money to take them in, something they warned the Home Office months ago hence why they are taking the Home Office to court.

It's a mess down here. Anyone thinking of moving to Kent...DONT.

Send the SOB's and their kids to the Isle of Man --- they deserve each other.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

19-06-2021, 04:00 PM

I live there and I can tell you the county is struggling. Dover has been swamped, Whitstable, Sheerness, Herne Bay have seen hundreds of illegals come ashore in rubber boats. All social housing has been used up because the KCC council have to house them somewhere. Hotels are full, plus now the holiday season is upon us,
I'll ask the question again. Where do the Frogs house them all?

the hotels have started to kick out the illegals so holiday makers can use the hotels. This has meant hundreds of illegals walking the streets, begging for money and just basically causing a nuisance.
At least that's a bit of good news, and I don't blame the hotel owners one little bit. I sincerely hope they've cleaned the places up since kicking them out.

All of this is an enormous problem affecting the whole country simply because our glorious leaders are incapable of taking a stand.

They should have turned them around right at the beginning. Funny how we would be held accountable for any deaths at sea, but the Frogs wouldn't.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top