Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:14 PM

Re: You couldn't make it up.

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
- snip -

The world is going Barking mad.
3 stops past Barking if you ask me
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 05:55 PM

It is this sort of absolute rubbish that makes me feel so glad I'm no longer part of the workforce - I can kind of largely ignore all this for however many years are left to me, probably 15-20 at the outside.

But I do really feel for my kids, who both agree this is complete and utter nonsense, but have got (hopefully) many years ahead of them to negotiate the PC and gender identity minefield, whilst very possibly having to tread carefully with their children, who will undoubtedly be brainwashed into holding different views to them.

But then again, I guess it was ever thus, small people disagreeing with their birthing and non-birthing parents
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Apparently a university in Australia is asking it's staff to stop using the terms mother and father, and using the terms "gestational parent" and "non birthing parent" instead, to be more "inclusive"

I mean what the hell, who are these people that think up this complete tosh? Don't the terms mother and father mean exactly that...
oh for gods sake, wake me up when the world becomes sane again
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 06:03 PM

who is allowing all this bloody nonsense, everyone I speak to seem to agree it's crazy and just nonsense yet it's happening before our eyes and we can do nothing about it?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 01:15 PM

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/st-paul-gi...rc=fp_deeplink

St Paul’s Girls’ School will axe the role of head girl because it is too “binary”.

The 26,000-a-year school, in Hammersmith, will replace the role with “head of school” in order to make it more inclusive.

The school counts actress Rachel Weisz and UK vaccines supremo Dame Kate Bingham among its famous alumni.

According to The Times, the change will take effect from the next academic year.

However the move has sparked backlash from some staff members, who claim it sends the message “that girls now have to be ashamed to be seen as girls”.

One source said: “Why do the girls have to change their name?

“They should be teaching young women to be proud of their sex, not ashamed of it. It’s very contradictory.

“How can you be a single-sex school that exists to empower girls to do well and at the same time support girls to identify out of being a girl?

“The school is trying to do the right thing but the problem is they are being badly advised. Why would parents want to send their daughters to a school where girls are not happy to be girls?”

Staff at the school were also told there were at least “150” gender identities at a webinar entitled Beyond the Binary: Understanding How to be Inclusive for All Gender Identities.

Around seven of the school’s 778 pupils identify at non-binary, which means they don’t feel comfortable being referred to as male or female.

The school said the main reason for changing the title of head girl was because many senior pupils feel they are young women, but admitted the “binary connotations” were a factor in the decision.

Sarah Fletcher, the school’s high mistress, said in a statement the school “would never encourage a student to ‘be’ anything in relation to their identity”.

“We want our students to be happy as themselves,” she said.

“Our focus is on providing a respectful, kind, safe and non-judgemental environment in which our students are free to explore their own identity.

“Young people are talking about gender identity and our role as a school is to equip the staff with an understanding that supports students’ ability to reach to them for support and navigate this safely.”
Couple of questions:

1/. Does this mean that the school will have to change its name?

2/. Why would someone who is not comfortable at being branded a "girl" attend a girl school?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 01:23 PM

Edited:

Makes no sense at all, its a very stupid idea, and the 7 people who do not identify as girls should request to be moved to another school.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 01:28 PM

What next, they're not making changes for the better, just to please a few
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
So they are changing the name of the school ...
Nope. They are changing the title of "Head Girl". It would seem a logical next step to change the name of the school (IMHO) to appease the 7, er, girls who choose to attend a designated single sex girl school and now feel they are not girls after all.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Nope. They are changing the title of "Head Girl". It would seem a logical next step to change the name of the school (IMHO) to appease the 7, er, girls who choose to attend a designated single sex girl school and now feel they are not girls after all.
I read it too fast and misunderstood, my apologies!

I have edited my original comment.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

20-06-2021, 02:05 PM

I read it too fast and misunderstood, my apologies!

I have edited my original comment.
No need Pixie. We all tend to misread posts at times.

Edited:

Makes no sense at all, its a very stupid idea, and the 7 people who do not identify as girls should request to be moved to another school.
Yep. There are plenty of good schools around the area. I should know, I went to one not too far away (happened to be a single sex boys school, in which we used to have a head boy, and only boys attended apart from a few girls in the 6th form since we were better able to teach further maths than the others in the area).

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top