Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:06 AM

Re: Sunbathing

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Well seeing you asked Dex...The power of the Australian sun is not something that some visitors from colder places educate themselves on adequately before they jump into it, spend too long in it and end up in a hospital burns ward. It's the same with where they swim and where they decide to drive to without adequate preparation or prior knowledge of the "inhabitants"..and I'm not talking about our first nations people. ..Not to mention skin cancer.
Referring to Aussie Gold Hunters, they often cite that the temperature is approaching 50C. That is life endangering in many ways. Given that even the most hardy of Brits struggle when holiday temps hit the mid 30s, I can easily imagine how some think it's a badge of honour to bathe in somewhere hotter. Very foolish indeed.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Referring to Aussie Gold Hunters, they often cite that the temperature is approaching 50C. That is life endangering in many ways. Given that even the most hardy of Brits struggle when holiday temps hit the mid 30s, I can easily imagine how some think it's a badge of honour to bathe in somewhere hotter. Very foolish indeed.

Maybe yes but people get excited when they go to somewhere new and different to where they come from. They are so eager to drink up the sun..the snow...the jungle..whatever that some don't prepare first. When I was in the surf club in Perth when I was a teenager we were always telling Brits and Europeans to not stay in the sun too long, not swim outside the patrolled areas or in the board area. Some would ignore us and do what they wanted. Then they would come up to the clinic for sunburn or after catching a surf board in the head. SOme were less lucky when they ignored the shark alarms. I guess it's the same when "She''ll be right" Aussie yobbos decide they are going to climb Everest in T shirts and jeans.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 04:37 PM

Gone are the days we would spend hours sunbathing topless (sometimes bottomless too). Now we try to keep out of the sun as much as possible.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Gone are the days we would spend hours sunbathing topless (sometimes bottomless too). Now we try to keep out of the sun as much as possible.
I also sunbathe nude Percy, but I do it at night these days...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 12:11 PM

I used to rush through my jobs in the mornings so as I could get several hours on the lounger in the afternoon, was always so brown and when I wore yellow, well wow did it show it off.
Did it as usual, first day that I was able to a few years ago, did nothing different, followed my usual way of things and couldn't get up the next morning. I felt terrible, sick, dizzy, and very weak. I've never been the same since and can no longer sunbathe. What the hell happened I don't know, and I'm still highly unchuffed about it, as I look out the window and feel miserable that I'm not able to be out in it.
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
That's what I plan to do all day (more or less!)
Get some much needed rays and vitamin D on my "works-inside-all-day" skin

I'm careful, always use factor 50 until I'm darker
Even then only switch to 40 to prevent any burning

Do you bother these days?
Is it something you do only on a beach or on holiday?
Have you ever bothered sunbathing at all?

Answers on a postcard only please!!
I need that full holiday experience 😎👍
I have a dark complexion. I burn slightly my first time in the sun then all I do is tan. I did, however just get a benign cancerous small growth removed from my neck. Probably because I spend almost everyday outside.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 01:19 PM

in my teens and twenties, I loved to lie out in the sun, now I sit under a parasol

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top