Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 02:58 PM

Re: Another U turn!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Bollocks.

Every Court has refuted that.
In America that means Jack.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Certainly does
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Stopping wholesale voter fraud through a validated ID system should be mandatory for all democracies. Look what happened in the USA in 2020, Biden was elected by fraud through postal votes.
It's something that the Left Wing excels at!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's something that the Left Wing excels at!
The Peterborough bye election and the Batley bye election were other examples.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-07-2021, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

Listen to the clips in here AT - America voted for this guy apparently.

He can't string a sentence together

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...rsistent-labor
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 06:07 PM

The democrats underestimated how many votes Trump would get. The most of any sitting president but somehow brain damaged Biden gets voted in without Trump losing his base.

The only thing that doesn't stack up is how the democrats won, and thats all coming out now through the Georgia and Arizona audits. I hope it implodes for the democrats beautifully.
Biden won. Why don't you just accept it? It will make life much easier for you in the long run.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 06:36 PM

As I've said before, I'm all in favour of identity cards and a photo identity card is a must especially these days.

I totally agree, but am open to re-considering. What I don't want, however, is someone just justifying not having ID cards because it would be an impingement of my human rights.

Any logically explained opinions welcomed, thank you.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
As I've said before, I'm all in favour of identity cards and a photo identity card is a must especially these days.

I totally agree, but am open to re-considering. What I don't want, however, is someone just justifying not having ID cards because it would be an impingement of my human rights.

Any logically explained opinions welcomed, thank you.
If someone tried to claim that having ID impinged upon their human rights, I'd suggest that they cannot qualify for having a passport, a driving licence, a bus pass, a library card, a credit card, a debit card or, in my opinion, the right to vote, the opportunity to claim unemployment benefit, etc, etc.

Without having ID of any description, the objectors would have to live a very restricted life.

On another tack, if the police arrest you for some suspected crime, how do you prove your identity?
In fact, I'd suggest that all convicted criminals have ID, though they may not be obliged to carry anything: photographs, fingerprints, DNA. Get out of that!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-07-2021, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If someone tried to claim that having ID impinged upon their human rights, I'd suggest that they cannot qualify for having a passport, a driving licence, a bus pass, a library card, a credit card, a debit card or, in my opinion, the right to vote, the opportunity to claim unemployment benefit, etc, etc.

Without having ID of any description, the objectors would have to live a very restricted life.

On another tack, if the police arrest you for some suspected crime, how do you prove your identity?
In fact, I'd suggest that all convicted criminals have ID, though they may not be obliged to carry anything: photographs, fingerprints, DNA. Get out of that!

An ID card would mean anyone could be stopped and asked by the police if they are authorised to be here. It's simply unacceptable to do this in our country. For example, what if you forgot your ID card and were asked by the Police for it ? You would be most likely arrested and locked up until you can prove you have a right to live here.

We should be allowed to go about our daily business without interference from the state.

We have many other methods to identify ourselves without having to carry ID cards around with us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-07-2021, 07:31 PM

An ID card would mean anyone could be stopped and asked by the police if they are authorised to be here. It's simply unacceptable to do this in our country. For example, what if you forgot your ID card and were asked by the Police for it ? You would be most likely arrested and locked up until you can prove you have a right to live here.

We should be allowed to go about our daily business without interference from the state.

We have many other methods to identify ourselves without having to carry ID cards around with us.
There's a simple answer to that.
Don't forget your ID!

It worked in the war when there was the likelihood of enemy agents walking the streets.
It would work today when there are illegal aliens walking the streets.

Another option.
If you have forgotten your ID, you could be asked to prove your identity by stating your NI number or, if you've forgotten that, your name, address and telephone number or several other pertinent questions. That could be checked from public records.

Apart from anything else, the police wouldn't go around asking everyone for ID without there being some suspicion. They haven't the manpower.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top