Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:22 AM

Re: Tattoos are

Originally Posted by Danny ->
Almost, what it's drawn in crayon or something?
Of course not; that's just silly.

I went to get the tattoo when I was seventeen, but when I got there I changed my mind. So I almost ended up with a tattoo, but didn't. Nothing's changed since I almost had a tattoo at seventeen, so I've still almost got one now.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:26 AM

All my kids have them some more than the others.

Personally I don't have any nor do I want any. My grandfather had a tattoo on each forearm done during the First World War, apparently one was his regimental badge, I forget what the other was but it was something similar. By the time I knew him they were just blue blobs with a bit of red and totally unrecognisable.

I wonder what the kid's tattoos will look like when they reach their 60s?

Actually mine is probably an ideal age to get a tattoo they will still be perfect when they bury me.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->

I went to get the tattoo when I was seventeen, but when I got there I changed my mind. So I almost ended up with a tattoo, but didn't. Nothing's changed since I almost had a tattoo at seventeen, so I've still almost got one now.

In other words…. you chickened out
Ok that IS funny.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
No insults here. I am currently tatooless, but I've considered changing that. Anyone pass judgment on you here is an idiot.
I don’t have any tattoos but I’m thinking maybe I should.
I don’t judge - I think it looks pretty great!

My son asked me what would I consider getting so I showed him this picture and he just rolled his eyes and said that’s not a real tattoo mom …

Click image for larger version

Name:	AD55EBD1-A353-415B-B6B7-AC884D37C8D9.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	16356

UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

20-07-2021, 10:28 AM

I had a friend who knew a Scotsman, who went out and got drunk in Hong Kong one night. The Scotsman went to a tattooist to get a tattoo of a thistle on his upper arm. The Chinese tattooist had never seen a thistle before, so the Scotsman started to draw one on a piece of paper. He drew a circle, with diamond shapes in it, and a little sprig on top.

The tattooist said that he understood, and completed the tattoo whilst the Scotsman fell into a drunken slumber.

The next morning, the Scotsman woke up with a massive tattoo of a pineapple on his arm!

(Don't know if it's true actually. Sounds like one of those urban myths to me. )
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I have two, one on each arm. Both in the Celtic art style. A swan and a humming bird. I love them and they are easily covered if I want to do that. Stands back now and awaits the usual insults that I get when this subject is brought up.
Share some pics if you’re comfortable Roxy
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-07-2021, 10:32 AM

I've almost got a tattoo of a skull and cross bones on my left forearm.
Did you run when they brought out the tattoo needle
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:36 AM

The brother had over 200 in places various - my SIL always said she would divorce him if he had them removed!

Personally I do not like them - but, as Barry said, to each his own.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-07-2021, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
I had a friend who knew a Scotsman, who went out and got drunk in Hong Kong one night. The Scotsman went to a tattooist to get a tattoo of a thistle on his upper arm. The Chinese tattooist had never seen a thistle before, so the Scotsman started to draw one on a piece of paper. He drew a circle, with diamond shapes in it, and a little sprig on top.

The tattooist said that he understood, and completed the tattoo whilst the Scotsman fell into a drunken slumber.

The next morning, the Scotsman woke up with a massive tattoo of a pineapple on his arm!

(Don't know if it's true actually. Sounds like one of those urban myths to me. )
Sounds fake to me but who really knows for sure…
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:39 AM

LMAO enough said.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top