Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 07:37 PM

Re: ever thought about or run your own business?

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I know D00d....I daresay if we are 20 years (or more) younger, we would be online entrepreneurs by now! Tik Tocking all over the place! One young girl has a tik tok account and makes funny faces. That's all she does. Now she has bought her own house outright with the money she made!
this is the new generation emerging with ways of making money we never had
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 07:41 PM

What annoys me PK is those who think we got where we are by sitting on our arse. yet they are not prepared to take the same risk or work for about 7 years without a day off. the two week shutdown each year was spent on refurb and . new internal kennel walls -new kennel front and back- new grooming parlour, actually it didn't have one- new isolation block didn't have one- new cattery- new kennel and cattery kitchens -new security systems- complete new electrics throughout just to name some that we did during shutdown
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 07:43 PM

I know D00d....I daresay if we are 20 years (or more) younger, we would be online entrepreneurs by now! Tik Tocking all over the place! One young girl has a tik tok account and makes funny faces. That's all she does. Now she has bought her own house outright with the money she made!
Yeah ...or more down to earth, there's loads doing "consultancy", "advisory", "PR", even "Journalism", working from home. Some full time, some have part time paid jobs plus other enterprise.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 07:43 PM

I know RS...young folk today expect things to fall in their laps. But then, when they see celebs and internet folk getting money for nothing, its an easy assumption to make. They need to realise that real money comes from real work.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Yeah ...or more down to earth, there's loads doing "consultancy", "advisory", "PR", even "Journalism", working from home. Some full time, some have part time paid jobs plus other enterprise.
Many irons in many fires. I need someone to teach me the ways
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 07:50 PM

Many irons in many fires. I need someone to teach me the ways
strike while the iron is hot
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 07:53 PM

My Venture was easy for me risk wise.
Peak time for Party selling in other's Homes..they invite neighbours and friends. I purchased clothing up and around in Commercial Street, London on a Sunday.
Started with a Bank Loan and soon paid it off. Then lots of profit an basic expenses only.

I made enough in the first 5 years to buy a property in Spain..haha not a villa an apartment that was a wreck inside...but it became a real good place to stay...and we enjoyed doing it up.

The reason I started it was we were struggling with having 3 babies within one year..so expensive.. and a mortgage, no life being broke, was horrid...
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

21-07-2021, 08:08 PM

strike while the iron is hot
*looks frantically for an iron*
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

21-07-2021, 08:10 PM

*looks frantically for an iron*
Many irons
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

21-07-2021, 08:15 PM

Many irons
*runs to the hardware shop*

Its shut.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top