Join for free
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 02:51 PM

Coronavirus: Third wave will 'wash up on our shores', warns Johnson

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56486067

Boris Johnson has warned the effects of a third wave of coronavirus will "wash up on our shores" from Europe.

The PM said: "On the continent right now you can see, sadly, there is a third wave under way.

"And people in this country should be under no illusions that previous experience has taught us that when a wave hits our friends, I'm afraid it washes up on our shores as well."

He added: "I expect we will feel those effects in due course. That's why we're getting on with our vaccination programme as fast as we can."
If it happens, I would see it more as a Fourth Wave in the UK .....

But why any wave should "wash up our shores", when, supposedly, the government has the pandemic under control, is a mystery .....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 03:41 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Third wave will 'wash up on our shores', warns Johnson

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56486067

If it happens, I would see it more as a Fourth Wave in the UK .....

But why any wave should "wash up our shores", when, supposedly, the government has the pandemic under control, is a mystery .....
Maybe it's a reference to those who to seems regularly finish up illegally 'washed up on our shores' in various ways and from various countries. I doubt they will have been either checked for or vaccinated against coronavirus. Some may be apprehended but how many are not?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 04:02 PM

Oh for goodness sake....I'm so fed up of Boris's fear mongering. What else are we supposed to do? Maybe if he actually did something, then we wouldn't have any bloomin' waves crashing upon our shores! If I were him, I would make sure that everyone took a test from their home country before travelling, do another one upon arrival to here, and THEN if they were clear, be free to go. If the unfortunate travellers arrived here and tested positive, then they should be automatically quarantined (funded partially by them, partially by their country of origin) until they test negative.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Maybe it's a reference to those who to seems regularly finish up illegally 'washed up on our shores' in various ways and from various countries. I doubt they will have been either checked for or vaccinated against coronavirus. Some may be apprehended but how many are not?
I think BJ's being metaphorical (it's more Churchillian ..... ) .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

22-03-2021, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh for goodness sake....I'm so fed up of Boris's fear mongering. What else are we supposed to do? Maybe if he actually did something, then we wouldn't have any bloomin' waves crashing upon our shores! If I were him, I would make sure that everyone took a test from their home country before travelling, do another one upon arrival to here, and THEN if they were clear, be free to go. If the unfortunate travellers arrived here and tested positive, then they should be automatically quarantined (funded partially by them, partially by their country of origin) until they test negative.
Travellers should bring a valid vaccine passport, too .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 04:24 PM

Travellers should bring a valid vaccine passport, too .....
Oh wait, yes, that too! It wasn't the first thing I thought of since I have not had my jab yet *grumble, grumble* but yes...vaccine passport for definite.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 08:05 PM

Yes, I did realise it was more a 'play on words', however it's a serious comment I made about those who are 'washed up on our shores'. How many 'illegals' are not apprehended and go on to disappear into the 'black economy', possibly spreading coronavirus if they themselves are infected and nobody knows either way if that is the case or not.

'Churchillian', possibly but when he was prime minister for two terms in 1940–45 and 1951–55 I was a real 'youngster' during the first term and still one during the second. Following those years I was too busy with an apprenticeship, then married with two children to support, to be much interested in politics. Life was also much simpler in those days too, including politics.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 08:42 PM

or Twelfth Night.

I understand him perfectly.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-03-2021, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
or Twelfth Night.

I understand him perfectly.
So, we're in for a romantic comedy .....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 08:25 AM

So, we're in for a romantic comedy .....
Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?

Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top