Join for free
Page 4 of 32 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 07:14 PM

Re: Uk in Recession.

Buy now before prices go up and businesses fold.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Buy now before prices go up and businesses fold.
Buy what?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
As you say Swimmy, only to be expected, if people stay at home
then eventually the economy will suffer?
What was not expected was the the reluctance of quite large
numbers of workers and worker unions to resume work again?
I see no reason for this tardiness as the precentage of deaths
among the under seventies is negligible , and so even if they
contract corona they will not suffer any lasting effects from it?
The over seventies have only to carry on following the advice they
have been for the past few months untill things stabilize!!
Just my take on this issue? I might add that l am well into my
eighties and so cannot be accused of bias in any direction !!

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It makes you wonder whether they ought to have simply let the NHS run hot ... stick to social distancing and advised the elderly and vulnerable to self isolate.

The cost of averting a corona disaster is proving more damaging than the virus itself.
Two posts of the day as far as I'm concerned.
Only today the BBC reported that at least over 5000 people's deaths were wrongly attributed to Covid....

The media has blown Covid out of all proportion and frightened people to death. It has been recognised right from the start that the older generation would bear the brunt of this virus and should therefore have been protected while the younger end of society could have been allowed to carry on as usual and keep the economy ticking over. Saving lives and maintaining a healthy economy are equally as important because reducing people into poverty would still produce the same loss of life as the virus. Perhaps even a greater loss of life as we might be going to find out.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Only today the BBC reported that at least over 5000 people's deaths were wrongly attributed to Covid....

The media has blown Covid out of all proportion and frightened people to death. It has been recognised right from the start that the older generation would bear the brunt of this virus and should therefore have been protected while the younger end of society could have been allowed to carry on as usual and keep the economy ticking over. Saving lives and maintaining a healthy economy are equally as important because reducing people into poverty would still produce the same loss of life as the virus. Perhaps even a greater loss of life as we might be going to find out.
As you say OGF, themedia as usual have blown covid out or all
proportion!
I have not seen anybody dropping dead in the streets nor do l know
of one person i my neighbourhood that has had covid let alone have
died from covid??
Obviously this does not mean covid does not exist, only that we
have misjudged its effects on the general populace!!
Also our methods of keeping records of cases leaves a lot to be
desired, god knows how our banks operate??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Buy what?
Anything and everything you might want to buy later. Not gold though. That's probably at an artificial high right now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-08-2020, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

They haven't. It really is a very nasty disease. They have even found it can cross the blood-brain barrier. We don't know the long term effects of contraction.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 10:34 AM

They haven't. It really is a very nasty disease. They have even found it can cross the blood-brain barrier. We don't know the long term effects of contraction.
That is all possibilities Annie,
Imo we should base our actions on evidence?
Which so far points to actual fatalities being quite low if based on
total population figures and as l stated earlier are almost totally
restricted to the over seventies!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

13-08-2020, 10:44 AM

Anything and everything you might want to buy later. Not gold though. That's probably at an artificial high right now.
TOILET ROLLS ??
I would agree with your not now statement Annie, but soon,
There are signs of ptofit taking so waitntill it drops and then buy,
Then wait for the next rise, etc, etc

Donkeyman! 👍👍😁😁
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 11:34 AM

Nothing new there Annie, viruses have always left some people with complications. My elderly neighbour got flu some years back, and after six months was still suffering lethargy and tiredness. The doctor explained that the effects of a virus can last months or even years. Poking a six inch long swab so far up your nose enough to make it bleed can also cross the blood/brain barrier, just ask Silver Tabby, that's why I will never take the covid test....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Our manufacturing was destroyed by Maggie as you say Aerolor!
But also by militant unions and business owners who were unwilling
to reinvest in their businesses due to the fact that more money could
be made from stocks and shares, and more easily?
Hence the big british sell off !!
The primary reason for this was of course the militant unions !!

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎
This exactly. Scargill, Red Robbo, Brenda Dean, the list is endless.

Page 4 of 32 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top