Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 07:36 PM

Re: No TV signal

Well, let's see if she answers! Just noticed she has ignored my text of 8th May about the light bulbs I couldn't remove.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 09:48 PM

So basically, when I was here for a viewing, and asked about her tv signal, she lied! She has now responded to my text, saying she has a booster which she used, doesn’t need at their place, and will bring it round Monday!!!

I have asked if it will come with cables or if they are standard aerial ones. Waiting for that reply. I hope it’s not the pin connector for which I can’t find adaptors. When I bought the booster from Homebase I didn’t realise what connections they would be and how hard to locate the right cables. It has since stayed on the shelf, unused, and a waste of money. I emailed the supplier and they replied it was an interesting point to put to their engineers.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 01:09 PM

A rotten trick to play on you by taking the booster like that. Mind you, I've worked in houses with new owners and the previous owners had taken the light fittings and bulbs with them.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

31-05-2020, 01:48 PM

They probably thought they’d need it at the flat they bought, but I should imagine they’d now be on a boosted communal aerial.

But it was a rotten trick deceiving me like that, making me think I could just plug in and be able to get channels straight away.

I told my sister if it works for me, I will take it to her house to try out. She is getting tv through a second hand Sky box. And she also said today that her neighbour had got in an aerial engineer to do all her TVs around her house (she bought next door quite recently), so it proves to me that there is something blocking the tv signal here!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

02-06-2020, 09:04 PM

She brought the booster round yesterday but I still had to search for one cable with that flipping odd connection. It only came with one. However, the Amazon driver dropped it off earlier than intended, and once I’d figured out how to connect two aeriels to it, set about tuning a device. Started with the PC and I was pleased to see channels start appearing! Hurrah, it was working.

I then tuned in the digital on the tv connected to Sky. Success.

However, I can’t find the remote to the other telly, so have to keep searching.

At one time I set up the PC in the back room to watch telly while I cooked.

It is obvious that these aeriels need the boosters.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 10:13 PM

Glad you've almost got it sorted. Still. Damned selfish of the previous owners taking the booster with them and not telling you.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 10:47 AM

What a saga jazzi!!
So bloody frustrating eh!
But you're lucky thats all that was wrong?
I moved into a house we were renting out once and the bastids
had burnt all four hobs on the new cooker we had installed for
them, and pulled the light fitting out of the ceiling in the lounge!!
I suppose they were pissed off we gave them notice?

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 01:00 PM

Some people are totally selfish when they move/leave. Glad its sorted.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

04-06-2020, 02:53 PM

Thanks.

The house next to my sister, up for sale at the same time as she bought, had a tenant who had punched holes in the walls! The new owners, a nice couple, said to me when they walked in they did wonder what they’d let themselves in for. Sis said she had so much work done next door. Wish I had the money for lots of renovations.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 04:05 PM

Jazzi what was it that led you to move there? was it following your sister or do you have existing family ties to the area. I would love moving to the seaside and have considered it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top