Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 10:01 PM

Re: Question For Foxy

No, in the first picture post one, midway you will see like some fine cotton threads across the components.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No, in the first picture post one, midway you will see like some fine cotton threads across the components.
Are they the last remains of the drivebelt Spitty?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 08:32 AM

I think its inline with the anti-tamper adhesive, once again, enough discouragement too keep me from tampering. The new price on these is £129
, but a unit with very little use is around £50.00, so, lust £20.00 for a new belt was viable to repair, the accidental damage to the board component is probably the straw that broke the viability back.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 10:27 AM

I think its inline with the anti-tamper adhesive, once again, enough discouragement too keep me from tampering. The new price on these is £129
, but a unit with very little use is around £50.00, so, lust £20.00 for a new belt was viable to repair, the accidental damage to the board component is probably the straw that broke the viability back.
Have you put it back together and tried it Spitty....?
You never know......

Just a thought Spitty.....Are the thread like legions just the adhesive that has been spilt over the board. It's unusual for their to be an 'Anti-Tamper' device fitted....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

30-06-2020, 03:38 PM

Couldn't take the risk in the end Foxy, the person who sold the bits for these was out of stock on PCBs, so its gone to electrical appliance Valhalla. good news is, a new on Retails at £129.99, I've managed to purchase a new one for £50.00, plus, a nice drive into the country to collect it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-06-2020, 08:30 PM

Couldn't take the risk in the end Foxy, the person who sold the bits for these was out of stock on PCBs, so its gone to electrical appliance Valhalla. good news is, a new on Retails at £129.99, I've managed to purchase a new one for £50.00, plus, a nice drive into the country to collect it.
Well done Spitty, I'm glad it's worked out alright in the end..

I stopped repairing stuff back in the nineties when everything started having an integrated circuit at its heart. It was so difficult to test it, and even if you found it was the culprit you needed special soldering equipment to remove all of the sixteen (some had even more) legs all at the same time to prevent overheating of the component.

So cheap to replace these days, much cheaper than the time it takes to strip down and locate the fault, not mention trying to obtain the spares. I just enjoy constructing small interesting projects these days, I still get a thrill when they work.... Better than sex!....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

05-07-2020, 04:49 PM

Just been to pick it up from Herefordshire, the folks were lovely when i Talked to them over the phone,
I spoke to the guy through an open window today, and this was taped to the box.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-07-2020, 08:19 PM

Good result Spitty and what nice people....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top