Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 06:00 PM

what's your favourite tipple, and has it changed over the years

when I was just 18 it was a half lager and lime...couldn't afford anything else, later on ..brandy and babycham....I still enjoy a brandy with lemonade .... or vodka....but I never could stand the smell of whisky, and hate the taste....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 06:49 PM

Re: what's your favourite tipple, and has it changed over the years

Years ago I used to drink Babycham by the bucket.
Then I went on to Snowballs & then Martini, then white wine & soda & finally anything going, except spirits, hated those.
Now I hardly drink at all, but I do like the occasional Baileys, usually at Christmas & a glass or two of Hanson champagne.
You could say after a very boozy young to older adulthood I am now virtually TT. I've just lost the taste for alcohol.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:17 PM

Has it changed over the years? Yes - I barely touch a drop now.

I did get into the habit of looking forward to a small tot of brandy every night when I was having some problems. It got to the point I panicked when I discovered I had none and went to the 'offy' in the pouring rain with the dog.
We got back drenched and I swore then I would never get like that again, relying on drink, even though I only had a small one. It's had news drinking on your own I discovered and swore I wouldn't do it again. And, I rarely do even now.
I have a tiny bit of brandy left in a half bottle which has been there untouched for nearly 4 yrs. Occasionally I get bad stomachs, and just a tot does help ease it.

When I was younger and just starting out, , I was given some whisky and soda Yuk
Then got into vodka and orange, lager and lime, brandy and babycham.
I do love a Martini and lemonade now, which I usually have when I go out.
Never been a wine drinker, except when dining out and I only like red. I can only drink half a glass and I'm p****d
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:17 PM

Whisky. Started off with White Horse drinking a tot with soda water to finish off a night's boozing at the local pub. Still my tipple of choice, but these days it's Famous Grouse and a good quality malt from time to time either an Islay malt or a sherry-cask type.

Gin or vodka and tonic with ice on the days we happen to catch any sun - very refreshing. Sambuca - extra cold, from time to time.

Let's face it, I'll sup anything through a sweaty sock if I need to.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Has it changed over the years? Yes - I barely touch a drop now.

I did get into the habit of looking forward to a small tot of brandy every night when I was having some problems. It got to the point I panicked when I discovered I had none and went to the 'offy' in the pouring rain with the dog.
We got back drenched and I swore then I would never get like that again, relying on drink, even though I only had a small one. It's had news drinking on your own I discovered and swore I wouldn't do it again. And, I rarely do even now.
I have a tiny bit of brandy left in a half bottle which has been there untouched for nearly 4 yrs. Occasionally I get bad stomachs, and just a tot does help ease it.

When I was younger and just starting out, , I was given some whisky and soda Yuk
Then got into vodka and orange, lager and lime, brandy and babycham.
I do love a Martini and lemonade now, which I usually have when I go out.
Never been a wine drinker, except when dining out and I only like red. I can only drink half a glass and I'm p****d
As the great Dorothy Parker once said:

I like a drink, one or two at the most
With three I'm under the table
With four I'm under the host

Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:34 PM

Jack Daniels, a tad cheaper than the Macallans malt which I quite liked
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:35 PM

Hi

Never a great beer drinker, I like certain types of wine, but as a treat.

I am invariably the driver, so do not have wine when dining out.

I loathe Gin, not too keen on whisky, like a good brandy and some vodkas.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
As the great Dorothy Parker once said:

I like a drink, one or two at the most
With three I'm under the table
With four I'm under the host

Not heard that before
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Not heard that before

He makes 'em up, Pesta.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

21-07-2020, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
He makes 'em up, Pesta.
... In between swigging from the sweaty sock

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top